Puppeteer

Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 199596 times)

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2009, 03:32:38 AM »
we live in a world that will always be parted by a number of factors, there will always be rich and poor, sick and healthy, crazy and sane
and there will always be war. that is the human condition.

this does not mean we should not do what we can to help those in "real" need, but you gotta make sure the help actually gets to
those that have real need, and not line the pockets of some tin pot dictator.

in my opinion it is high time to establish a multinational elite force with the mandate to rid the world of crazy dictators, terrorists, and those
that would starve their own mother to gain politically or economically.

i am not talking war, i am thinking something much more clandestine, sharpshooters with a mission to pop the likes of that nutbag in north korea, this counterpart in iran and venesula would be a good start.  of course a good training ground would be in mexico and columbia where spotters and the sniper can hone their skills.

seems to me it would cost far less in innocent lives, loss of soldiers, loss of materials, and dollars to go after the head rather than continueing
to try to kill the snake by millions of paper cuts starting at the tail.  the billions of dollars saved could be better spent helping the population after
you get rid of the assholes that make  like miserable for everyone.

case in point, iran
the iranian people are not bad people, however there leadership has been screwed up for decades, first the shaw, then the komeini(s) now this
awkmadenajad (ok so my spelling is bad, shoot me).  The people of iran tried to rise up after a rigged election and were put down by their crazed
dictator, if ever there was a time to step into a country it was then!  there would have been no need to win over the hearts and minds of the populace,, they were already there!

its amazing in my opinion how much could be done if the nutbags were just not part of the equation. 

yes as long as there is humans on this earth there will be those in charge and those that are charged.

btw, as of october 1st the american shooting public (non military, non police, just average joes) bought over 12 billion rounds of ammo
since the first of the year.

with 12 billion rounds you don't have to be an expert marksman

personally i full ascribe to "walk softly and carry a big stick" , there are those that just simply cannot be persuaded without overwhelming
force.

obama can talk to dictators and try to reason all he wants, sooner or later he will come to realize that just like the bully on the school yard
all the talking is not going to save you your lunch money, or a bloody lip. 

its not till you meet the bully with a ball bat to the head that you gain respect, ask kahdafi about that
ever wonder why he has been relatively quiet?  don't hear much out of sadam or his bastard son's either, thank allah for recycling them.

and yes, waterboarding should be the next olympic sport!

:)

bob g

otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »
No Scott if you do that we give into the idea we are not in control of our lives and countries.

We need to change everything and we need to start looking for solutions that can raise everyone to a decent standard of life with freedom equality and human rights.

Or we face a world of ecconomic apartied, violence and mysery and you will never have enough cases bullets to hide behind from it....

The only thing we can control is our own country.  So long as people wish to live under people like like Mugabe, or that nut job in Iran... nothing we can do except invade them ... but people only understand and want freedom and democracy if it is given and paid for in blood.  Until the people in their own country decide they want to raise themselves up, nothing we can do for them.  The West imposed Democracy, infrastructure and institutions on their colonies, and within 10 years, many of those colonies are back to tribal rule and dictatorships.  The people were not ready and not able to understand what it is they had been given, because it has to be won and paid for in blood.  Only Canada, Barbados Australia and New Zealand have been able to go from Colony to to free democratic state without a revolt and  without reverting to dictatorships or tribal rule.

If people cant fix where they live, how are we as a world going to tackle some airy fairy concept such as Global Warming?
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

apogee_man

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2009, 08:10:46 AM »
"the single biggest reason the enviroment is in the mess it is caused by greed."

100% correct Doug. 

We are also witnessing the implosion of capitalism first-hand.  For those that think it's not, don't kid yourself.

"So long as people wish to live under people like like Mugabe, or that nut job in Iran... nothing we can do except invade them"

Andrew, with all due respect, you are way, way off with this statement.  What would you like them to do, throw dirt clods at the military guys holding automatic weapons?

"people wish.."

Give me a break dude!  Have you EVER walked down a sidewalk lined on both sides with military police holding automatic weapons that is 40 officers long?  I have, in a third world country no less, and I can tell you it's more than a little intimidating.  Walking a gauntlet like that with them all looking at you is very unnerving even if you've done nothing wrong.

Again, please explain how an unarmed population is supposed to rise up with no help.  Have you visited Darfur lately?  How about Iran?  Maybe you should and you could instruct the folks that have tried to rise up how they could do it better.

Regarding Bob's comment about cutting off the head of the snake, I couldn't agree more.  This constant war BS needs to end as it's bankrupting this country.  Further, there is simply no need for it on many, many levels.  Limit the fighting to professional sports and be done with it. 

Funny thing is, I bet if the masses were treated fairly and equitably, there would be far less war and very little to no reason for it.  It's the concentration of wealth that leaves folks hungry, broke, homeless, etc that causes them to rise up and support assholes who promise them the world...

Steve
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:28:28 AM by apogee_man »

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2009, 10:21:34 PM »
Well....
No one in the world will trust he U.S. to help them rid themselves of the dictators that oppress them. they have seen, too many times, the U.S. loose a few thousand people & run from the fight. Wether it be from Vietnam to Iraq to Somalia to Afghanistan, they see as Osama Bin Laden did that too many people in this country can not stomach the taking of human life. Before some of you start to hound me about the disrespect of our military personnel,, you can stop, I have nothing but respect and awe of the people that put their lives on the line every day for this country, my wife is a desert storm /Somalia veteran, nearly half my family are in one branch or another. But as long as we have people that refuse to see the use of force as an option, have a media that will drum beat for any anti-war cause , with a Democrat party that will use it as a political tool to gain power & the "enemy" knows that they will only have to wait for the next change of a president to get the time table for our withdraw from a conflict- who can trust us, & why should they.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2009, 04:34:37 AM »
Scott you are right, we in the west have forgotten that war must be hell.  Why?  So we dont do or go into it lightly.  that once we are in it, we give it 100%, win it at all cost and go home.

Now we have limited wars with rules of engagement.  Since the End of WW2, we have collectively forgotten how to wage war and are getting our buts kicked by the guys with the 5 and 10 year plans.  They just wait us out and play out on the media.  remeber on the ground the VC lost Tet, but in the living rooms of the USA, the VC won.

Germany is having a look see at why they killed civilians that were raiding a fuel truck with the Taliban.  WTF?

And in Canada, we have the Loyal Opposition upset because we turned a Taliban over to the local police and he was tortured... yes he was hit around the head with a shoe... and thats a problem???

We have forgotten was is hell.
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »
Slippery slope Andrew one you starting hitting a Prisoner even witha shoe.....

I don't think it would be seen as acceptable to Canadians if WE had POWs that were being even mildly mistreated and we can't expect more than one set of rules.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
What are you trying to imply doug?
The prisoner was hit with a shoe by local police.  Canadian Soldiers took the prisoner away from the local police and did not turn him over until another group came and got him with assurances that he would not be beaten.  so what is the problem?  That we turned him over to the legal authorities? 

The Canadian Military informed Foreign affairs who worked with the Red Cross to establish new rules for treatment of detainees.  Let us hope that if some poor western soldier is captured, that he or she is treated to the high standards of the Geneva convention, or at least up to the standards that Mohammad himself instructed his followers to follow... but I suspect they will be tortured, beaten, then beheaded with a dull knife and posted on uTube.

No one,  not in or out of the military advocates abusing detainees,BTW they are not POW, they do not qualify under the definition as combatants... we would be within our rights under international law to summarily execute them on the spot as spies and saboteurs.   Dont believe me, look it up, you will be surprised what is and what is not lawful, and you will see the Western forces have gone out of their way to treat the detainees with respect, and dignity.

And war fighting has nothing to do with that.  In the Second world war we had no qualms of leveling a city, now we get upset if people are put out on the street because a sniper was using their house and our tank takes out the second floor with the sniper.

We are losing our will to fight, we have no stomach for it, and we will be abused, and enslaved for it.

Geno

• View Profile

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »
 James Hansen, the guy behind climate modeling and pretty much the most important climate scientist in the world.

Here is a video of him speaking against cap and trade and being glad Copenhagen has failed. He also talks about "climategate" (skip to 48:00 minute mark), special interests in Washington and pretty much what's up with today's global warming debate.

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
I'm once again becoming frustrated and radicalized with things and the lack of direction and strong leadership on the issues that face us.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DTbashsKic

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »
I would say we have great leaders.  but, just what is the emergency?

Stan

« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »
You're retired and live in Ottawa (full employment, house prices going up, rental rates super low etc.)  Andrew.  Ask the people of "small town" Canada like the ones in Castlegar BC where the multinational pulp mill decided a couple of years ago that it didn't want (despite being very profitable) to pay it's taxes to the town.  So for the last 2 years 40% of the tax base has been missing, on top of the legal bills incured by the town to try and sue these bastards.  They've threatened to close down the mill putting the majority of the people in town out of work, if they aren't allowed to operate tax free.  btw....the company (Mercer Intl) is being supported fully by the Harper govt. and his spawn, MP Jim Abbott (aka conservative lemming)

That's the emergency, repeated in countless other towns.
Stan

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:53 AM »
I retired from the forces... with no pension, I was a full time Reservist.  I have a job, with full employment.

I come from Oshawa, were thousands have been laid off, family included.  I was born in Ebbw Vale Wales were the closing of the Steel Mill forced my parents to migrate to Canada.  So whats the point?  You assume I dont know hardship?

As for companies supporting the Conservatives, you really need to brush up on current election finance law.  Thanks to Liberal PM Crietien, companies are limited to how much they can now give, its as little as $2500.  Not a lot to buy a political party with.  BTW the conservatives recieve over 80% of their funding from Joe and Jane Canuck, unlike the Liberals who owned Canadian Big Business.  So why the change?  Spite, The Shawinagin Strangler did it to screw over Paul Martin, and in effect bankrupted the Liberal Party.

As for your local issue, sounds like if your town read the BNA or Canadian Constitution, they would know that municipalities are the domain of the Province, not the federal Gov't, so maybe your town should talk to the Liberal Premier about helping, instead of the Feds who are not allowed to do so.

The first step would be to go to the provincial courts and apply to confiscate the property and assets for sale for back taxes.

What is it you want the Feds to do??  In what way are they being supported??  And what does this have to do with Climate Change??  And how would the Liberals or NDP do anything different?

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2009, 02:29:16 AM »
Trying to get the polticians to stand up for Canada i slike banging two bricks together.
At the end of thday your arms are tired and your left with a pile of dust around you.....

Now start throwing them bricks and maybe they will take notice!

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2009, 03:20:27 AM »
lets see.... Harper stood up for Canada at Copenhagen and got crapped on my the lefty elites

He stood up to China on human rights... lefty media crap on him

He (and former Liberal PMs) are standing up to the Taliban and Al Quada... and the lefty media crap on him

He stood up to Ham-mass while the Liberals tried to get them delisted as a Terrorist Org, and the Lefty media crapped on him

What do you want them to do specifically?