Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 200361 times)

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »

Stan

« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »
It looks great!  I just keep thinking about my grandmother who constantly said "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is".

It'd be fantastic if everything he says comes true, but.....
Stan

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
Well I am optimistic Stan.

In the mean time I just applied to work at Grand Cache Coal. Look what they have pushed me too...
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #455 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:45 AM »
Grand Cache....GRAND CACHE!   Wow!  I'm speechless.  That's,  well,  way out there!  Do you hunt?

My buddies are getting back to me on names of human resource people in the mines nearby to Fernie.
Stan

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #456 on: February 23, 2010, 01:07:41 AM »
I google earthed it Stan looks like a god forsaken place.

But I'm running out of choice. I've given up on Vile Inco they are not worth working for and I am going to clear out my tools and quit if GC coal works out. They need electrcians and pay.

You know Sudbury used to be a the last place anyone wanted to be too. In my father's youth Grass didn't even grow here just dust and red dirt.

Stan

« Reply #457 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
Lots of coal mines at Tumbler Ridge...google it also.  It's out of the way too but then so are most coal mines.  ???
Stan

Tijean

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 23, 2010, 09:47:22 PM »
Doug, I imagine you will check out what their expected life span is. I thought I heard that a lot of Tumbler ridge was history. Be careful of getting locked into real estate. We know what happens to prices when mines die. I"m done chasing smokestacks and head frames so havent been keeping track of whats hopping. Have an acquaintance who moved to Dawson Creek and couldnt be happier! Mind you Grande Cache is more in the boonies than that but sounds like a big enough town to have a bit of variety and good outdoors.

Sudbury is not the good old boys club it used to be. Neither is the Sault now, but that comes with selling to Foreign ownership. Just another twist in the age old game between the industrialists and workers. I worked for EB Eddy and they sold out to a large company who was in a better position to play hardball with the union. Like it or not "things is changed" and a lot of the good old times are gone.

Had a buddy who did 5 years sentence in Ft McMurray; he and his wife both worked and they put enough away to come back and make a little gig at home. Unfortunately the big "C" caught up to the cigarettes and asbestos exposure. Game over at 54. Anyways if you aren't having fun anymore go on an adventure trip. Not all change is bad!

Frank
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #459 on: February 23, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
My Grandfather ran the #2 paper machine at the Espanola and some place around here I have his KVP ID badge.
Ya DUMTAR did a real good job of running the wheels off that EB too.

Fuck it I am fed up with Vale, Brazil, AFI spies following me taking pictures.

This country has gone to hell Just hope I can sell my house

Stan

« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
Take pictures of them and post them online.  Scares the hell out of them.
Stan

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2010, 06:23:09 PM »
Thats already been done. The best thing to do at this point we are told is call the police and tell them they are outside our homes or following us.

Stan

« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2010, 05:15:58 AM »
btw...I"ve seen Tumbler ridge when it was just a Planned community.  Paved streets, complete with fire hydrants, curbs, sidewalks, lamp posts, but no buildings.  I just had to drive to the end of the gravel road, through the farmer's field (remembering to close the gates, it's only polite) down 30 miles of logging road, and there it was.

Bet you can't guess what the first building built in Tumbler Ridge was?

The government liquor store  ;D  I kid you not!

Stan

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »
Thats typical....

Elliot lake was much the same before the unranium bust. Now its a town full of old retired people.

In many respects thats not a bad thing small planned comunities like that turn out to be very nice places for snow birds with a budget

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:26 AM »
I just read that the earthquake they had in Chilie caused the earth to shift some on its axis. I wonder what the scientist will have to say about that and the climate??? It said it will affect the length of the days. Just thought I would pass this along if someone didn't see that. Mike  ::) ::)
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.