Puppeteer

Author Topic: "strange characters"  (Read 4708 times)

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
"strange characters"
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »
Maybe it's just me but I have been noticing some strange characters appearing in some posts. in particular in the post by John F13 "beginning of the end" in the bottom 1/3 of the page, the names of the people show a couple of strange characters, a capital A with ~ above it. the copywrite symbol, a circle with a c inside. & one I can't describe or replicate on my keyboard. anyone else seeing this stuff or is it just me?
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

rf

• View Profile
Re: "strange characters"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:42:45 AM »
You're not alone, I've seen it to, thought it may just be corrupt data in the text.
Doesn't bother me though, I'm just glad to see the site active again.

Stan

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
That might have been me.  I've been called a strange character many times.  ;D
Stan

Eugen

• 12V electric start on a CS 6/1 using chevy starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
Good one Stan  :D

Maybe, it's the anykey on my keyboard thats the culprit. It's the one key I have not been able to find on my keyboard.

Eugen

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:39:29 AM »
Ok found what you guys are on about... if it was a new users I would say different keyboard... but I know JohnF... he uses a standard QWERTY keyboard.

I would take a WAG and say its a bit of corruption from the transfer and then upgrades, and the failed upgrade to the newest version.

again just a WAG
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Stan

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 04:22:34 AM »
Speaking about different keyboards.  Is everyone aware that some people in the globe don't use the qwerty keyboard???  I went to St. Pierre (french territory off Nfld) and sat down at a computer in an internet cafe and started to type and to my horror found that the keys were mostly in different places.  Not just the period and comma key, the letter keys were scrambled.  I was told it was a "french" keyboard and that everyone in France uses the same keyboard.

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »
When I saw "strange characters" I thought you meant some of the people who frequent this place LOL. I see what you mean, about ½ ►¾ of the way down a couple of à symbols, yes very strange indeed.  √☺☼
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
Speaking about different keyboards.  Is everyone aware that some people in the globe don't use the qwerty keyboard???  I went to St. Pierre (french territory off Nfld) and sat down at a computer in an internet cafe and started to type and to my horror found that the keys were mostly in different places.  Not just the period and comma key, the letter keys were scrambled.  I was told it was a "french" keyboard and that everyone in France uses the same keyboard.

There's just one more reason I won't be going to France ;D ::)

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid