Author Topic: CE lister twin  (Read 5888 times)

dan74

• View Profile
CE lister twin
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »
Hello
        I am a Lister collector living in Australia. I have just picked a twin cylinder CE lister engine and am struggling to find any info on these engines in OZ. I dont think there are very many of them around  here. The serial number is 388396 and spec is 24/26/T  16 hp at 1200 rpm. Any info on this engine would be great.
                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks Dan

listerdiesel

• View Profile
Re: CE lister twin
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:18 AM »
What information do you need?

It's a 1945 engine, UK rather than USA-built (Nordberg produced the CD and CE during WWII)

5 bearing crankshaft, various options on flywheels etc etc.

I have the manual here and can quote details from it, cannot offer copying or scanning, the books do come up on ebay and the internet bookshops such as Hindsight Books in New Zealand, who had a good selection of Lister stuff at one time.

Most of the parts are specific to the CE and CD, the pump is a BPE2 CAV unit, the injectors are almost the same as the CS 5/1, rings are the same as the 5/1, everything is enclosed so keeps cleaner.

Peter

jp1147

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 01:03:27 AM »
And with a bit of machining you can utilise JP liners.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »
http://www.internalfire.com/index.php If you go here you should be able to download manuals for free. I have 2 sets and my plan is to laminate them since they are quite old. I think they are in pretty good shape so I could make a couple of copies. If you have some pictures it would be nice. I have worked on one and I will have 2 before it is all over. Mike
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

CD in BC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
Manuals are available for download from www.internalfire.com

This should be a sticky if it isn't already.

...You can see I didn't read the previous replies before posting! ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:32:04 AM by CD in BC »