Puppeteer

Author Topic: Utterpower CD  (Read 10330 times)

contaucreek

• View Profile
Utterpower CD
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »
Sent my money Sept 4. No CD,and no Email response to my inquiries ? Anyone else ?? I am sure he has a reputable operation...anyone know of something wrong ??
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
Re: Utterpower CD
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
He has, but George also has a LOT going on, being off grid and unreachable sometimes for a couple weeks at a time.

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »
Have heard from both George and Erica since my post above (the wonder of the web). All cleared up. Their service was prompt, delivery has not been. So if someone gets a surprise Utterpower CD in the mail please let me know  ;D

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 01:10:29 AM »
don't feel too bad, a couple months back i bought about 4 grand worth of an inverter system on ebay
and another guy bought a 100 dollar unit

yes you guessed it,, i got his order and he got mine!!!

it took about 3 weeks for the goofball seller to make it right, after more than 2 wks of no contact

i was hot enough to buy a plane ticket and go express my irritation, you betcha.

in this case, i have no doubt you will get your cd in short order now.

like Quinn said, George has been out of town most of the last several weeks, and probably hasn't been to where he
can get to his emails

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
Just to wrap this story up the replacement CD arrived OK. This was just ahead of the delivery of the original ordered Sept 4 that finally arrived in the middle of November LMAO !! How do you cope ??????????

Stan

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »
Sorry if I sound stupid, but isn't george's CD dealing with Indian Listeroids?
Stan

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
Stupid ? Georges CD deals with all sorts of interesting stuff and yes a lot of it is how to prepare an Indian Lister for work but also good stuff about gen heads etc. P.

Stan

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 01:56:09 AM »
OK, didn't know.  Anything I"ve read about it was only about sand or misalligned timing gears etc..
Stan

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
Is the Utterpower CD worth chasing up, for info or has all the information filtered though to use in other ways.
My interest is the S195 china diesels.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
Is the Utterpower CD worth chasing up, for info or has all the information filtered though to use in other ways.
My interest is the S195 china diesels.

I think that I recall the CD is mostly centered on Listeroids.  You could spend a couple months and chase all the info down, but the CD is a nice package of stuff.    All the basic diesel stuff, fuel, timing, compression, injectors is there, but the S195s are a different machine and the CD does not touch much on them.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
 I got the CD with an engine I purchased several years ago. There is a lot of good advise on it for a person who is basically clueless. A lot of the advise as it pertains to brands is outdated and of no use.  George and I differ in bronze gears. I wont use them. Have two or three in the shop that are taking up space , if anyone has interest they can be had very reasonable.
Basically everything engine related on the CD is available on this site,,  if I can find it and yiur willing to pay the mailman you can have it.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 07:53:57 AM »
... George and I differ in bronze gears. I wont use them. .......

What's your side of the story ?   Just wondering.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
The good points of bronze gears are they don't break,,,at least until they are worn out. The bad side is they wear and the dust they create circulates and isnt attracted to a sump magnet. In an excessive backlash situation they last a bit longer to the detriment of everything else that moves. The fix for idler gear issues as pioneered by member XYZer is to correct the backlash by correcting the gear location.

Be aware that I am NOT knocking George or his efforts in any way.  They were looking for ways to fix India engine problems that could be accomplished in the engine shed with a hammer and a pair of pliers because thats what most DIY types had for tools.  George's thing was to keep the engines going out in thr field after they were installed. My thing is to fix the problems befire the engine goes to work. People back then held the hope that they could get a good engine from India, we know better now. That does not make me smarter than George, every one who owns an India engine benifits from his pioneering work.

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »
Thank you for the kind offer off the CD. But you have told me everything i need to know.
What Im wanting is to collect as much useful information, on the S195 type engines as i can.
Thinking of knocking up an information web site. As there are others out there, probably not a lot of them, who would be interested.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
I am also fond of the China horizontals however here in the land of banned there is very limited interest in them so far as I can tell. Here in the midwest the primary actual users of them, and Listeroids were the Amish and they have moved on to Honda for small power below 15 HP and multi cylinder kubota and Yanmar for up to 50 or so. .There is a good bit of quality information on them over on the micro cogen site. There does remain a few people who enjoy them as toys,, darn few. I used to buy them used at the Amish consignment sales for pocket change but could never sell any of them thus slmost 2 tons of them went to scrap last summer.