Author Topic: BULK VEGGIE OIL PRICES  (Read 8585 times)

kyradawg

BULK VEGGIE OIL PRICES
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:17:20 AM »
Hey I thought I would share some info that I came across searching for per bushel prices of various oil seeds.

I found a site that reported the current and past (monthly) costs per ton for various veggie oils.

The costs were llisted up til this march.

My interests were in the costs of canola/rape seed oil as it is like race fuel for diesels.

The average cost per ton was $500 which equals out to $1.88 per gallon. And in January was in the low $400 range = $1.50.

I found this extremly promising due to the fact that the seed cant be had for that little.

Now for the not so funny part ALL the other sites that I saved that day are still in my favorites cashe but the one I speak "magically dissapeared" ::)

I promise that this info as I report it is Exactly as I found and yall maybe able to find the sorces through some sort of comotity exchange.

Peace&Love :D, Darren

Ironworks

• View Profile
Re: BULK VEGGIE OIL PRICES
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:10:32 AM »
Hi Darren

Interesting post. 

I have just purchased a Cummings powered Dodge and I would be very interested in where I could get some rape seed race fuel...lol.  I'm planning on converting over and buying bulk doesnt sound too bad.

The other day  read an article in our local paper about a company that has come out with some kind of device that converts veggie into biodiesel almost instantly.  Dont rememeber all the details, but I think I still have the paper at work.  Sounds very promising.  Wish I had about 50 grand to sink into their stock.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:11:54 AM »
DAMN Bill Gates, its all his fault!!!!!!
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Ironworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 02:43:22 PM »
The article did say it had something to do with nano technology.  Apparently its the size of a credit card.

lev-l-lok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:37:37 PM »
University of Oregon Chem dept., though only a trickle of oil comes through the credit card sized device, they can be stacked like cards to generate much larger quantities of product. Oil and alochol go into one end, (through different channels), and out the other end comes the magic elixer and waste alcohol. A suitcase sized could, sopposedly generate 10k Gallons annually. OK so where and when can we get it?
Paul
Paul

1922 Fairbanks 6 hp Z, Chang Fa ZS1115G / Fuking ST-10, Lister? soon!

Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 09:18:38 PM »
Can you post a link to the articile?  Tom

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »
I don't have a link, but this device has been discussed at length on the infopop biodiesel website.  It's been in development for some time.  There have been a number of "promising" press releases.

The hitch, really the Holy Grail of biodieseldom, is a solid catalyst which can be securely bonded to a substrate, over which you pass reactants.

It is not really clear that they actually have a solid catalyst that is permanent, or even durable enough for commercial utilization.  There are some other promising machines that are actually pretty close to production that seem to have a functional solid catalyst.  Very interesting development if it pans out.

Some of the home brew guys are experimenting with our very own burnt sugar solid catalyst.  See discussion here:

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/419605551/m/9771067631

Good luck and have fun!

troy

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 06:07:10 AM »
The article did say it had something to do with nano technology.  Apparently its the size of a credit card.

I have a device that size that provides me with regular dino diesel....wait, it is a credit card!   ;D
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion