Puppeteer

Author Topic: 12/1 Electric Starts are Back!!  (Read 11064 times)

wess460

Re: 12/1 Electric Starts are Back!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »
I just ordered a pair of vibration Isolation feet from McMacster-Carr, rated for 900lbs max, and another pair for 450lbs max. I paid roughly $180 for all. Sucks to have to dish out the money for something that I am not sure will work, but the apocolypse is coming so I've got to get this thing set up!

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
Ha! Ha!
Jens's engine is now epoxy bolted and concrete bedded to what he calls the bedrock holding Vancouver Island up out of the Pacific Ocean.

Phil/CMD are your new isolation mounts available yet?
Are they installed as a set of four or six?

Thanks
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

wess460

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
Damnit Jens, what are you tryin' to do to me????  ;)
 Yes, they were expensive, but they seem to work very well. Besides, what fun would solving problems be if you couldn't throw rediculous amounts of money at them?! Oh well... I'm just happy at the outcome. I tried the glass O water trick on the new setup, but the engine is slightly tilted foreward so the glass vibrated off of the valve cover, but if it was level, I might have pulled it off!
 I will upload the video of it soon.