Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister Paint Code in the USA?  (Read 3173 times)

apogee_man

• View Profile
Lister Paint Code in the USA?
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »
Greetings all,

Yes, I've searched both this site and the web for this.

I'm looking for a cross for Lister's Mid Brunswick Green here in the US. 

I've tried crossing the BS numbers and nothing comes up.

Anyone have the correct paint codes?

If not, I'll have something matched and post the codes here.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

listerdiesel

• View Profile
Re: Lister Paint Code in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »
DuPont UK can give a UK code for their brand of paint, but believe it or not, they cannot cross-reference it to their company in the USA.

Not unusual, we find that all the time.

Getting a clean and unoxidised sample colour matched is favourite.

Peter

Lister Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »

Here in canada there is a good paint for covering rust, the name is trimclad. I think that is how you spell it but i may be wrong but they have a green that is really close to the lister green and you can get it in a spray can or in liters or gallons that you can add some reducer to for spraying . It may be off by a small shade but i can,t tell the difference. It is sold here in most hardware stores. I hope that may work , i painted my 6-1 and it looks really good. Lister Rob.

Stan

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
I used "Weathershield" Rust Coat Alkyd Paint, available at Home Hardware across the country.  I found a bit of original Lister green under a fitting on the crankcase and when I cleaned it carefully it was just about exactly the same shade as the Weathershield Rust Coat 64-28 Gloss Green they sell for $10 a Litre (OK, only 946 ml).  It's advertised as Urethane fortified, superiour corrosion resistance, excellent for metal and wood.

Cheap, easy, goes on smooth, always available, just like the girls I used to date.
Stan