Author Topic: some problems....  (Read 2979 times)

henk

• View Profile
some problems....
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »
Hello All,

After a few hours of running my HA 2 is now having a few issues.
First off, it is only running on one cylinder. By means of swapping the injectors, I have determined that the injectors are fine.
The injector pump of the non running cylinder seems to be fine as fuel shoots out when no injector and pipe is hooked up, having said this, I do not know if the pressure is ok.
Also, I have bled at the injector, so I presume it can't be caused by an air lock.

The other issue that I can't seem to control is an air leak under the injector. I have cleaned the seating and put a new (copper) ring in but after a few minutes of running the smoke re-appears again and it is loosing compression. Looking at the ring and injector, the leak is each time on the same spot and it is between the ring and injector. Could this be due to inproper injector installation.

Thanks for any help
Henk

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: some problems....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »
Pehraps it is leaking due to a cracked head?
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: some problems....
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »
Two ways to test the injector: 1; take it to an injector shop or 2; pull the injector, connect the high pressure line to the injector so you can see the spray pattern emitted from the tip & crank the engine or rock the flywheel back and forth past the point of injection. CAUTION!!!! THE SPRAY EMITTED FROM THE END OF THE INJECTOR IS UNDER HIGH PRESSURE!!! IT CAN BE INJECTED DIRECTLY INTO THE SKIN, THE RESULT IS THAT THE EFFECTED PART OF YOUR BODY MAY HAVE TO BE AMPUTATED OR YOU COULD GET BLOOD POISONING & DIE !!!! BE VERY CAREFUL !!!!

regarding the leaking injector washer, pull the injector, check the washer for which side the leak is coming from, the head side or the injector side, look for a carbon line on the injector washer. use your finger to check the sealing surface on the head & check the underside of the injector where the washer goes. if there are no imperfections most likely you have a small crack in the head that opens up when the head gets hot after running. Or the injector seat has been reamed in the past allowing the injector to move farther into the head & there are not enough threads on the studs to clamp the injector tightly ino the head. a thicker washer would be needed in this case to get the injector to seal.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid