Puppeteer

Author Topic: THERMOSTAT BLEED HOLE SIZE ?  (Read 18572 times)

Ratman

• View Profile
Re: THERMOSTAT BLEED HOLE SIZE ?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »
I seem to have opened a can of worms here so let me explain.
I've no intention of re-inventing the wheel, it's just something I want to do and as I said, it might work it might not. I'm not sure running a CS at such high temperatures is such a good idea and I favour running one a bit lower, about 65-70*C
My plan is to run the coolant through a domestic heating radiator, or into a hot water tank, or maybe both. But in the circuit I intend to fit a car radiator with an electric fan as a safe guard against melt down. The car radiator will be insulated to prevent unwanted heat loss and have air flow operated flaps to allow the fan to work.
So there you are, that's my plan. ;D ;D
Rob
I like to think the older I get the wiser I become, but I'm not so sure.

Stan

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
No problem Rob....Vermiculture is a well respected art form  ;D

I really don't care when thermostats were introduced by Lister.  I use one and it's butt is firmly planted in the block where it's supposed to be.
Stan

Ratman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
No problem Rob....Vermiculture is a well respected art form   ;D

Stan

Now! oddly enough, I'm having a go at this, just getting back into veg growing and I quite fancy a little worm factory next to my compost heaps.  :) :)
Rob.
I like to think the older I get the wiser I become, but I'm not so sure.

Stan

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »
Well, if you do start a colony inside, and then set it out on the deck for just a minute at -8 deg C, and then forget it overnight, don't expect them little wigglers to survive.
Ask me how I know  ???
Stan