Poll

So How do you feel as compared to past bad times

I feel good ( soft and squshy as ever )
7 (25%)
I am thinning but still optomistic ( have job just belt tightening )
11 (39.3%)
Worried ( have job but money is very short )
7 (25%)
Scared ( No work, living on Pogey )
2 (7.1%)
Scared Shitless ( POgey is used up have eaten the dog fat neighbor looks he's tender )
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: March 18, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Author Topic: Worst recession Ever  (Read 20951 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Worst recession Ever
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »
That's Lord Black Stan....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 01:35:13 AM »
Conrad Black is nothing compared to the stuff going on now...

He left the companies in good shape the management that took over ran them into the ground then blamed him
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »
Leonid Kogan.....

I love the knife like presiscion and power in his bow.
You know he's playing on 4 steel strings specificaly to get that biting hard power in each stroke.....

I said it before and I'll say it again I would give up testical to play like that lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4oWgBlHIVY

What do this have to do with the thread?
Nothing just like most of the crap people are posting in what was suposed to be a little light hearted.

Next I'm going to call out all the comie Smurfs and we are going to have a big rally in your front yards for you guys not having a sence of humour at a time when its most important
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:10:21 AM by Doug »

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »
I Call Smurfette... she's hot
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 04:10:40 AM »
What a truly magnificent Saturday.  Caught, “red handed”, shovlin da blarney whilst Kogan plays Shostakovich in the background.  I have been revealed by me bruddas. 

Cheers all and thanks for a great site.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
Leonid Kogan.....

I love the knife like presiscion and power in his bow.
You know he's playing on 4 steel strings specificaly to get that biting hard power in each stroke.....

I said it before and I'll say it again I would give up testical to play like that lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4oWgBlHIVY

What do this have to do with the thread?
Nothing just like most of the crap people are posting in what was suposed to be a little light hearted.

Next I'm going to call out all the comie Smurfs and we are going to have a big rally in your front yards for you guys not having a sence of humour at a time when its most important

Doug,

You have eclectic tastes.

What is a Smurf?  Superior mind unable to read french?  They do exist, and could help us out of our BIG PROBLEM but are unfortunately banned from management positions in the Canadian Civil Service.  Striving for Conformity and Political Correctness is more important that striving for Excellence.  Wanna see a level playing field?  I'll show you a morgue.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
I'm guessing your making a joke, but Maybe not. Smurfs were little blue cartoon characters from the 1980's that lived a sort of communal life where all helped each other & were "three apples tall".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICk5YOnWGc8
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:23:57 PM by lowspeedlife »
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »
 What the current administration is interested in right now is securing power to the demacrat party for the next 50 years, ie: moving the cencius into the whitehouse.  other wise they would be working on the banking & economy.  instead they are spending every penny my children will ever make in thier lives, then talk about fiscal responsablity. Quote Obama "if we don't have it we won't spend it" "this bill has no earmarks" then sign 1.4 trillion dollars in spendig into law with over 9,000 earmarks. & they say "Bush lied". As an aside i heard the other day that if you spent 1 million a day since Jesus died it still would not add up to what was spent in the last two bills.
 While I agree that the next few years will be interesting I see nothing exciting about the erosion of the rights set forth by the founding fathers, especially the 1st & 2nd amendments to the Constitution as they support all the rest.
 I'm sure the conservatives will be at least as supportive of Obama as the libs were with the exception of the 6 months immedeately following 9/11/2001.
 As for Marxist give aways Alexis De Tocquville for saw the "entitlement mentality" as the greatist threat to our society & felt it would eventually destroy the country. 
 I too want solar & i want it cheaply, it is the only non-polluting form of energy production that is viable for the home owner. Can't you see the hundreds of wind turbines sticking up into the air in the quarter acre housing developments across the counrty, I can't,  but I also can't see the price of solar panels comming down as fuel prices rise. May be we should all go in & buy a couple of containers of solar panels, i'd like 20, 180 watt panels please!

SR.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 04:23:31 PM »
I'm guessing your making a joke, but Maybe not. Smurfs were little blue cartoon characters from the 1980's that lived a sort of communal life where all helped each other & were "three apples tall".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICk5YOnWGc8

Well watching that you tube cartoon sure was a total waste of time except I noted a direct similarity between how the Smurfs would cause a continuous chain of new problems as they attempted to fix the original problem.  This is just how the administration appears to be handling the current so-called meltdown problems.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
Now that you mention it ..................
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »
HEY!  Are we quoting the US Constitution here or are we having fun in the face of adversity?  We all need our chains pulled once in a while just to make sure we’re human.  And “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”  Let’s never forget the implications of ole number nine.

I’ve noticed that the cost of panels is coming down while the wattage per square inch is increasing.  The amazing thing to me is Hawaii has about the best solar window in the states and yet it has the stingiest government lead incentives to get hooked up.  If only we had legal gambling and a strong solar program this state would quickly turn into paradise.  The good news is that our electrical rate has dropped from 44 cents a KW to 29. 

Have you, in the US television market, been listening to Leno’s “The economies getting bad” vaudevillian routines?  Sometimes it’s not possible to laugh at how goofy we are as a society and what we accept as “normal”.  And then there are times when it’s not possible to not laugh.  The scary part is that this is a world economic catastrophe.  Even the Great Wal-Mart of China is challenged.

LowGear
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »
I haven't been able to find incentives at all here in Virginia, other than the standard federal govt $1500.00 renewable energy subsidy.
Where are you looking that the prices on panels are comming down?
You live in Hawaii it's already paradise!!
Don't get to watch too much T.V. any more & when I do I prefer the History channel  or Discovery to the national networks.
I'll have to give you the, what we accept as normal,  being goofy & it seems to be getting worse.
I never thought I would want a "green" electric car but as Doug says "I'd give my left testie" for one of these:
http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »

The scary part is that this is a world economic catastrophe. 

LowGear

No this is not....

This is a recession.
Right now if you live inthe USA it seems very bad as you further from the eye of the storm the weather improves.
The fix for the US economy will not come from the USA. Money will have to flow in once groth returns to the rest of the world and US eccomony will start to bounce back. The days of good old USA acting like an engine for the worlds Capaitalist system is probably over, but that doesn't mean the US is going to collaps and fall apart ina depression. Slowly growth will start again in about a year probably in Asia first then the primary resource countries will warm up and the will get some wind in its sails in the following years.
The USA is still the best place in the world to buy good cutting edge technology and inovate. This won't change, infact hard times will spur people and create new oppertunities. What's over is the consumption on credit orgy.

Look at Russia the place was a basket case after the soviet union, but they came roaring back ( present hickup has hurt them but you understand what I mean ). Now if a basket case like that can make a come back why are all you Americans so worried?

And all those people who spin money and prommisses well they will not be welcomed back to the table for a while. I bet it will be 10 years before an American can hold up a piece of paper in Eroupe and find investers that will not spit at him but this is a good thing too. It will force honesty and growth from within for far too long debt and paper and prommises have replaced steel, brick/morter and hard work but those things are the true value of growth and not the false prommises of a wall steet spin doctor.

Nowe cheer the hell up or I will let loose the Smurfs....      

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »
Lowspeed life there are a lot of good ideas out there just waiting for someoene to actualy use.

See this?
http://www.chorusmotors.gi/about.shtml

See the name Doug anywhere?
Nope.....

Well I assembled the Prototype and even contributed a little math (  I also believe I was on track to the same idea about 2 years before John but who is going to believe that without a pattent lol ). Now this Idea has been sitting there making no real money for a while all its has done is suck investors and creat press releases.

Why do you not have an electric car?
For the same reason it doesn't have new drive system up untill now it was easier to make money from paper/thin air then actualy build something and now there is no market for paper you should be happy aboput that.... 

Hey I just checked the share price, my sares are worth more per unit than GM lol.
I didn't expect to see that day lol

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »
Doug, That is extremely interesting, sorry you didn't get your part. In this sort of climate it may get to be used for something viable like electric cars.
the reason i don't have one is thier limited range & you still have to put gas in them for them to go (a real distance) & if i'm buying an electric car it will be electric.
At this point if your battery died it's almost as cheap to buy a new car  & that is disturbing to me.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid