Author Topic: Volvo co-gen setup  (Read 3467 times)

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
Volvo co-gen setup
« on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

You co-gen CHP enthusiasts might find this video interesting.
Slow speed veggie diesel (Volvo ?) with coolant and exhaust heat recovery.
Trailer mounted.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UAZKxYZ3QH0&feature=related

Cheers,
Veggie
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Volvo co-gen setup
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
that is the volvox unit isn't it?

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »
Another mistake?!  I was really critical of the Volvox when it was on another thread a few months back.  It was just too, too, too good to be believed besides the photos looking more like air brush exercises than photos.  My hats are so sweaty and greasy I'd really prefer to eat a brand new hat if no one minds.  Don't hold your breath for it to be on you-tube.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

AdeV73

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Another mistake?!  I was really critical of the Volvox when it was on another thread a few months back.  It was just too, too, too good to be believed besides the photos looking more like air brush exercises than photos.  My hats are so sweaty and greasy I'd really prefer to eat a brand new hat if no one minds.  Don't hold your breath for it to be on you-tube.

I'd love to know what they're like; in particular his exhaust heat-x. Watching the 2 Volvox lister videos are what got me into Listers in the first place... but (naturally) I wanted to know if it could be done cheaper..... hence, real Listers (which are still cheaper on eBay than the Indian clones, in the UK at least)...

I'd still consider buying one of those heatx's off him, if I don't make my own, that is.