Puppeteer

Author Topic: Heat rope  (Read 19739 times)

NoSpark

• View Profile
Re: Heat rope
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 12:53:08 PM »
Sounds like we could be using WVO as refrigerants instead of those awful ozone depleting ones. Interesting!  ::)
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
RAB,

In very general terms...
Pressurize oil to x thousand PSI, the oil gets hot. (Eg: need for coolers on hydraulic systems)
Release the pressure rapidly and the medium releases the heat energy. (Eg: Cooling of a tire valve when air is released)

Veggie
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 09:59:29 AM »
Cooling of a tire valve when air is released

Oh!  Lets not mix gases with liquids.  Gases are easily compressible.  Liquids are not.

Not yet quantified.  Go on, put a figure to it.  Work done is related to distance force is moved. Methinks there is not a lot of distance involved here somehow....the amount that one could compress a liquid at 1- 2000psi. IF there was, it would be virtually adiabatic, would it not?

RAB

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »
RAB

Makes sense,

I did some checking into hydraulic system heat buildup.
Seems that heat in a hydraulic system is caused by an accumulation of the inefficiencies in the system rather than the compression of the fluid.
Heat added through compression is present but to small to be relevant.

GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
NoSpark,

Sounds like we could be using WVO as refrigerants instead of those awful ozone depleting ones

That might depend on the operating temperature, the latent heat of avaporation, the specific heat and the operatng pressure.  So that one looks as though it has flown out of the window too. :)

At one company I worked for we used to refer to the 'Refigerated Steam Company' handbook.  It was  areally useful read for some things.  Sadly, not heating water by compression, though.  A much better way is to put some in a vacuum flask and invert it a few times.  That works. ::)

Regards, RAB

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »
RAB
   Sorry you didn't detect the sarcasm.
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 09:15:24 PM »
NoSpark,

I did.  Post was to keep Veggie busy inverting a vacuum flask.....  Now should it be less than, or more than, half full?   The note? probably B flat minor or some such - I'm not much of a musician

Regards, RAB

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »
I don't know RAB, Veggie may have something. If you can heat water in a hydrosonic pump then maybe the pulses from the injector pump could heat the fuel.  ::)

No wonder the vacuum flask thing didn't work, well that's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks a lot.
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »
Geno, 
         What happened to your website!!  ???
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
I finally got my own domain and didn't change my profile to reflect it.

Now fixed, thanks. There are probably many old links I've put out in the www which are now broken. The ones that pointed to the now deleted sub domain will be good though.

Geno