Puppeteer

Author Topic: PH2W spill timing  (Read 5068 times)

martinwill

• View Profile
PH2W spill timing
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »
Does anyone know the distance between the index mark on the injector pump rack and the injector pump body when timing a PH2W (2000 rpm). I have a manual that covers the ph2 air cooled which states the distance as 13/16 inch at 28 or 24 degrees BTDC when spill timing. Is the distance the same on a PH2W ?.
The problem is i cant seem to get the tickover rpm down low enough or what i think is low enough as i dont have means of measuring rpm. I have seen a video of one running at tickover and its running at a lower rpm than i can get mine to run.
Engine has recently been de coked, injectors seviced with new nozzles and pumps overhauled proffesionally.
It runs great except if you try and lower the rpm at tickover, as if the fuel is cut off too soon.
Thanks
Martin.

Oilengines

• View Profile
Re: PH2W spill timing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:28:27 AM »
Does anyone know the distance between the index mark on the injector pump rack and the injector pump body when timing a PH2W (2000 rpm). I have a manual that covers the ph2 air cooled which states the distance as 13/16 inch at 28 or 24 degrees BTDC when spill timing. Is the distance the same on a PH2W ?.

Yes, 24 or 28 degrees, depending on the engine rpm.

Pare