Puppeteer

Author Topic: I now have an 8/1  (Read 2726 times)

david s

• View Profile
I now have an 8/1
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
Got my chritmas present on monday an lister cs 8/1 on som base, but no  gen head it had been removed by burning off the bolts . the engine has the seloined and enginge speed switch fitted but no other eletric gear, will try to post pictures when down loaded from camer

Stan

Re: I now have an 8/1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »
Congratulations David....Nice to see another fine old piece of engineering rescued from the scrap heap...That base is #1 on my list of things to watch out for in "messy" backyards.  We all, I'm sure are looking forward to you sharing your experiences with us.  Everybody benefits!
Stan

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
Congratulations on the engine!  Regarding the unfortunate lack of a genhead.  Was this caused by the activities of the peripherally blind, backwards thinking, self interest only serving copper pirates?
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

david s

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
yes the gen head was taken by copper theives but there is anothere set mountings on top of the ones on the som bed, so it looks like the som head had been replaced at some time, the serial number is 11188112 which i take as engnie number 1118,  8/1 engine and year 1964 if i have got the numbers right