Author Topic: lister jp (18/2)  (Read 18158 times)

rottk9

• View Profile
lister jp (18/2)
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:25:52 AM »
hi everyone, i hope posting a link to the pictures of my 18/2 liter will work there are before , during and after pix , and i will post more of the finished project (engine with generator).
if you have any questions feel free to email me.  rottk9@hotmail.com

i hope this link to photobucket will work,

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb237/rottk9/lister/

listerdiesel

Re: lister jp (18/2)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »
Where did you get the Lister data sheets to put on Photobucket?

Peter

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
Very cool engine and a nice job !!
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

rottk9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »
thank you.

the data sheets i found online, and i found 3 or 4 manuals on ebay, all the information has been very helpful.

compig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »
What  parts required replacement ?
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial

listerdiesel

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
thank you.

the data sheets i found online, and i found 3 or 4 manuals on ebay, all the information has been very helpful.

It would be couteous to ask the site owner BEFORE you start posting Lister literature on a public image forum. As they almost certainly originated with our site, please note that we have them available to engine owners on an agreement with Lister-Petter Ltd., that agreement includes limitations on where and how they are displayed, together with acknowledgement of the source and their ownership of any copyright.

We do not want a situation arising where the permission to use the images and literature is put into jeopardy.

Peter

compig

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
To be fair to rottk9 the images were not directly displayed in a listerengine.com post but on a personal photo album via a link primarily related to pix of a restored engine. So I think it is a little extreme to throw accusations of infringement of copyright at him. Additionally , the information & Engine in question is long obsolete so I doubt this would concern Lister-Petter even if they did have a team of internet copyright police looking for these issues.
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial

listerdiesel

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 05:54:25 PM »
The images are for people to use for their own enjoyment, and I am more than happy for that to happen. My comment concerned the publishing of the images on Photobucket, not on listerengine.com.

If we get problems, the images will be taken off and they won't be available for anyone else to use. I don't want that to happen, so please bear that in mind.

I have to abide by the terms of what was agreed. Major engine manufacturers are twitchy about use of their own data and images, and while most are fairly dormant, some are downright litigious and will make sure that their copyright is enforced.

Peter

compig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
I doubt that Lister-Petter are as aggressive as say , Harley Davidson ?!  Especially with obsolete info , and not directly posted on a public forum.
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial

listerdiesel

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
I doubt that Lister-Petter are as aggressive as say , Harley Davidson ?!  Especially with obsolete info , and not directly posted on a public forum.

You go and do it, you get the paperwork, do the scans, negotiate with the people, set up and run the websites.

The Technical section for Lister is off the air for both websites.

Peter

listerdiesel

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »
The Internet is a wonderful facility, but there is no God-given right to take material off someone's site, without asking, and post that material to another site mixed in with your own pictures. It may look good, it may be fun, but it is not right.

I regret that folks don't seem to agree with my view, so I will start to remove the websites from public access with immediate effect.

I DO have that right and will use it. Both the Lister Data and the petter Data sections are now off-line.

Peter

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 07:21:01 PM »
Peter,

Why are you so positive that it was the pictures you put up that are in photobucket? Did you put a digital signature on them to make sure?

listerdiesel

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »
Peter,

Why are you so positive that it was the pictures you put up that are in photobucket? Did you put a digital signature on them to make sure?

It is of no relevance now, both of the main sites are completely shut down.

There were no other instances of those images anywhere on the net, and the originals are long gone.

I don't know if they came under the digital signature scheme, they were fairly early on and probably didn't get done.

The OP knows where they came from, but as I said, it is of no relevance now.

Peter

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »
What a sad day and loss to the community. Thanks for your efforts Peter and I agree that you are well with in your rights.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

compig

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 07:42:55 PM »
The Internet is a wonderful facility, but there is no God-given right to take material off someone's site, without asking, and post that material to another site mixed in with your own pictures. It may look good, it may be fun, but it is not right.

I regret that folks don't seem to agree with my view, so I will start to remove the websites from public access with immediate effect.

I DO have that right and will use it. Both the Lister Data and the petter Data sections are now off-line.

Peter

For the record , it was me that expressed my view , no others to my knowledge. I shan't apologise as I was excercising my right to express an oppinion on a public forum. Persecuting the majority because of that and someone innocently posting  a few pix of  manuals that the guy bought off ebay is an over reaction !!

I've never visited your site , did it have a notice advising the acceptable use of this material ?

Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial