Author Topic: Safety with kids!  (Read 18416 times)

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Safety with kids!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »
Yes-s-s-s-s-s. That's the one allright.
This dumb A.H. was was always also shooting arrows and paintballs over two houses into the field behind the wifes parents house next door. He was a true third generation "Yacolt yokel".
Pa' was much more reasonable about it than me. his advise was, "Everything doesn't have to be a big deal". He was right; after their money source died (kissers mother) they all finally moved away.
Towns been kinda quiet untill the Monk Parakeet war put us back in the national news. . . again: before that DB Cooper, Mt.St. Helens, Tana Harding, and my partisan battles in the Chicken war.

The "Hick from Hockinson" married to the "Yacolt Yokel" gal,
SteveU.

Damn Steve, I thought living near washington d.c. was bad, but you've got me beaten by a mile!!
          Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

tlfrantz1

• Leapin' Listeroids
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 02:59:43 PM »
What happened? The video has been removed. Did the flywheel come off the engine?
Q: What is the difference between God and Barack Obama?
A: God doesn't think He's Barack Obama.

AdeV73

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »
What happened? The video has been removed. Did the flywheel come off the engine?

No - the video showed some 5-year-old kid (or therabouts) wandering around a running Lister(oid). Pointing at stuff on it, for example, whilst leaning over the flywheels.

One presumes the child survived, and continues to do so, but it was a horrific accident waiting to happen.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »
speaking of gib key protection, I saw the Shaft Collar from McMasterCarr # 6432K43 which would just keep it from backing out, and maybe a little bit of snag protection

but I also recall seeing a complete cover, like a whipped cream can cap, to cover the whole key, but never understood what held it on. And now, of course, I cant recall who stocked it, States, UK, or OZ ?