Author Topic: Serpentine pulley rib dimensions: CAD specs needed  (Read 31221 times)

tlfrantz1

• Leapin' Listeroids
    • View Profile
Re: Serpentine pulley rib dimensions: CAD specs needed
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
This may be a bit off the reservation, but has anyone explored using an 18 wheeler engine crank pulley? How big are they? I was toying with the idea of buying a regular V belt pulley with the right bushing and machining it to fit a serpentine crank pulley...whaddya guys think?

T
Q: What is the difference between God and Barack Obama?
A: God doesn't think He's Barack Obama.

xyzer

• View Profile
Re: Serpentine pulley rib dimensions: CAD specs needed
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »
Glad to see the site behaving well. There is a lot of usefull info here and I would hate to loose it! I am in the process of making a 3.25" diameter pulley for my 160 amp Leece Neville alternator to mount on my 6/1. I have looked everywhere for a already made pulley with a 3"-3.5" dia but am having a hard time. I decided I can make my own but getting all the data and grinding a form tool didn't thrill me! I remembered seeing the following post many moons ago and so decided to see if I could find it....and I did! Mack are you still out there? Did anyone find the specs for a "K" type pulley......anyway I buy iscar inserts all the time but to find this odd one is not easy! Feedback on groove form would be a good thing! Thanks for keeping this site alive no matter what some have said about old info!

This is the insert I use

http://www.iscar.com/Ecat/familyhdr.asp/fnum/921/app/52/mapp/TG/GFSTYP/I/lang/EN/type/1

Pitch is .140"
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA