Author Topic: Gasifire video  (Read 6806 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Gasifire video
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:54:31 PM »
http://listserv.repp.org/pipermail/gasification_listserv.repp.org/2008-June/011248.html

Now how many of you would like to bet me that Doug Williams is going to import something like an RB33 from Koel ( 3 cylinder Indian Petteroid based loosly on the PHW 3 cylinder ) that has been modified to spark ignition?
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

SteveU.

• View Profile
Re: Gasifire video
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »
HI Doug

No bet! You,re right. Any engine Doug Williams is directly involed with will be spark ignition. All of his published information says he favors 100% fuel subsitution. He is a very smart dedicated sincere practical man. Screw turbines. Screw Sterlings. What we have now has been workable for the last 20 years. Unlike Dr Thomas Reid who is trying to save the whole world, Doug Williams is trying to get the knowlege and working systems in place and spread out around the world as soon as possible now today. Kinda' shows ya' where he thinks we're headed. Yes, he does makes you really dig and  earn the knowledge. Sticks better that way.

Thanks for the www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF9KlaUsEAw video tip.

Another piece of the puzzle solved...the sawdust strands in the filter box. Circular blade cut, not band dust. Good. So the extra $5k US for my made in NZ circ. mill WAS the right choice. As Doug Williams and Greg Manning have both learned- - it all starts with the fuel.  I can now cut and dry little wooden block fuel and make my own filter media. We have our own trees. 120" of rain a year, the trees self seed and grow like weeds here. And I've learned how to attend a fire to burn  dry (8-16% moisture), hot (1000 degree C./2200 F.) and clean (no visible smoke). Thats why the women in my life now call me the "Wood NAZI".  But, I haven't needed to clean my 28' high chimney in over ten years.
My 12/1 1000RPM Listeriod decompressed to 15-16/1: 650RPM; 1/2 hp reduction because of these factors and lower fuel BTU = hopefully 6hp = 3000 watts generated. Swap out cylinder case, head, piston and rod as needed (when I screw up): 16 bolts/60 minutes- - the only really easy part. First, cyclone filter the hot gases, cool and parcipitate out in the impingment filter and then final filter through the sawdust strands.

Doug my hats off to you: you,ve already been here and done this.

Untill I do too I'll just be New Guy/WannaBe  SteveU.

Thanks for listening
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
I don't have the gassifier touch.

Doug Williams gave me some off list advice but I'm a slow learner 3 gasifiers with issues and I have decided to push back from the table on this technology for a while.

Good luck Steve.
Advice build a pioneer but use 6 air inlets instead of 3 ( from Doug W ) don't make any other changes
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 03:14:17 AM »
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the advice. You've saved me from having to modify my first prototype. Engine CFM intake  requirement for a Listeroid 650rpm 1853CC (the Swedish papers) says I'll have to build a MICRO or even MICRO LAB sized unit to pull enough air through it to get the oxidization temp up high enough crack the tars and soot. Reduction tube can be no bigger than 2". Micro's only show three oxidization air inlet tubes. Yes, I will put in six tubes.
On the 2nd wood stove I intstalled into our house I found I had to drill (carefully) holes in it to get enough air into primary burn zone to get it to burn hot enough to burn clean --Wife was real POed.
I was a Master Auto Tech (mechanic) certified and working in Emission Controls. Also took an additional 40 hours college level training to become Wa State licenced to legally even work on failed systems. I had to learn the theories of complete hyrocarbon fuels combustion and then apply it effectivly on old worn out engines and systems. All work was performanced rechecked by state contractors. No success- no pay. Peroid.

By the way the best stuff for cleaning combustion carbons is Chrysler/Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner#0431800AB. At any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer.
Use blue Nytril gloves. It works good cold too; use a hard brisseled nylon tooth brush.
Listening to Beethovens Fifth/or Ninth, and Jaminsoms in coffee helps to.

More to say, But I'm off for now,

New Guy/WannBe SteveU.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:17:48 PM by SteveU. »
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.