Puppeteer

Author Topic: Identifying these two pieces  (Read 9639 times)

Stan

Re: Identifying these two pieces
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »
If you're anywhere near sea level you should be able to get at least 1.5kw out of it on an on-going basis.  If you've taken your air conditioners and your electric stoves and water heaters to the dump to cut back on domestically used kws, it should run a smallish house with ease.  Modern electric stuff like refrigerators use much less power than the 50+yr old stuff did/does.
Stan

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »
Or you and carlb23 could flip a coin before the auction and CO-BID.

Low Gear

CO-BID, lemme see, is that when he bids, then I bid, then he bids, then I bid again............or what is the difference between that and regular bidding?

Nooooooooo Mr. mkdutchman.  You described which is known as the Adversarial Bid Program - the stuff that makes the autioneers boat payments.

BUT THE BIG ANSWER

How much did they go for?  Yesterday was the auction.
[/font][/color]
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
Nooooooooo Mr. mkdutchman.  You described which is known as the Adversarial Bid Program - the stuff that makes the autioneers boat payments.

BUT THE BIG ANSWER

[/font][/color]

It went for $1100 and no I didn't get it, I let him have it when it went over a thousand  :-[ Heck of a lot of money to pay for a rusted and seized engine, even if it's a 3/1. Wonder if we'll see him on here eventually?

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »
and btw, that little thing sitting on the pallet beside it? It's a Fairbanks Morse diesel, conflicting reports on the HP, some say 12HP some say 3, but it was loose, turned over easy, and sold for $25 :o They sold that one before they sold the Lister, and I bet it would have gone for more if they would've sold the Lister first

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »

BUT THE BIG ANSWER

[/font][/color]

It went for $1100 and no I didn't get it, I let him have it when it went over a thousand  :-[ Heck of a lot of money to pay for a rusted and seized engine, even if it's a 3/1. Wonder if we'll see him on here eventually?

I quit even trying to bid on stuff on ebay just because of that. people pay more for stuff than what they can buy it for at home and not pay shipping. A while back I was looking at a wooden rocking chair just like the one I paid 49 bucks for. It was the last one and marked down from $80 something at the grocery store. They also had it at the hardware store for $69. The one on Ebay sold for $125 plus shipping. On top of that, Mine was already asembled.
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
[I quit even trying to bid on stuff on ebay just because of that. people pay more for stuff than what they can buy it for at home and not pay shipping. A while back I was looking at a wooden rocking chair just like the one I paid 49 bucks for. It was the last one and marked down from $80 something at the grocery store. They also had it at the hardware store for $69. The one on Ebay sold for $125 plus shipping. On top of that, Mine was already asembled.

Yes, but this was a local auction, I'll probably never again see a genuine Lister 3/1........... :'(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:37:43 PM by mkdutchman »

Stan

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
Don"t worry, they are out there, just like mice, there's never just one  ;D
Stan