Author Topic: Identifying these two pieces  (Read 9638 times)

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
Identifying these two pieces
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:21:27 PM »
This is from a local auction that I just discovered, does anyone recognize the two items in this picture? The bigger definitely looks like a Lister, but I would really like to know what the smaller one is

listerdiesel

Re: Identifying these two pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
Big one is a Lister CS, the smaller one looks like an Onan W2C genny set.

Peter

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
thanks peter :)

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

It could also be something else!  GM 71 series, but too low for that, the air cleaner is wrong for the W2C but the rad shroud is very similar.

Where was the picture taken?  Did you buy either of them? ;D

Peter

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

It could also be something else!  GM 71 series, but too low for that, the air cleaner is wrong for the W2C but the rad shroud is very similar.

Where was the picture taken?  Did you buy either of them? ;D

Peter
Picture was taken at this upcoming auction http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/413052.html

No, I wasn't there yet but we'll see

listerdiesel

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »
Picture was taken at this upcoming auction http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/413052.html
No, I wasn't there yet but we'll see

That's a bit of backwards-facing-forwards grammar!  ;D

The Lister you know about and looks worthy of a decent bid, the other little lump would be interesting.

Peter

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »
Hard to say but if thats an old Onan the logo should be a guntlet with with a lighting bolt.

Some early Onan logo's also said " Onan We Challange You ".
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
ok, I just heard back from the auction manager, he says this is a Lister 3/1 DROOOOOLLL and a Fairbanks 12hp genset.........

I asked for the serial number so I can verify that before I get my hopes up too much..........

Wonder how many "gentlemen collectors >:(" or worse, fellow list members :P are going to be around to drive the price up.....

Next thing is to check that thing out when the open house starts.....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:56:18 PM by mkdutchman »

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »
ok, I just heard back from the auction manager, he says this is a Lister 3/1 DROOOOOLLL and a Fairbanks 12hp genset.........

I asked for the serial number so I can verify that before I get my hopes up too much..........

Wonder how many "gentlemen collectors >:(" or worse, fellow list members :P are going to be around to drive the price up.....

I was thinking of taking a ride to check these out I am about 60 miles away.  But if you are interested in buying them I will pass on looking at them.

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »

I was thinking of taking a ride to check these out I am about 60 miles away.  But if you are interested in buying them I will pass on looking at them.

You know, it could very easily go way out of my reach, I'm not absolutely set on getting my paws on it. If I don't get ahold of it I would love to see another list member get  it.........by all means come around, we can always compare notes and talk listers if nothing else :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:11:17 PM by mkdutchman »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
Or you and carlb23 could flip a coin before the auction and CO-BID. ::)

Low Gear
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:22:01 PM »
Or you and carlb23 could flip a coin before the auction and CO-BID. ::)

Low Gear
CO-BID, lemme see, is that when he bids, then I bid, then he bids, then I bid again............or what is the difference between that and regular bidding? :D

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
Hi you two,

The best way is just to decide who is going to bid and see what happens. 

If that person walks away the other can continue in his own right, with no strings attached if he gets it. 

If it comes under the hammer for the first who is bidding you just have your own auction between you. 

Either upping the price incrementally until one drops out,  or a give and take - where the 'other person' offers the bid-winner an amount of money.  He either takes the money and relinqueshes the goods or pays the other person that amount and keeps them. 

Fair because the money is only changing hands between you two and would have gone to the auctioneer if it had been a free for all (and could have dragged in other bidders as well). 

I think the give-and-take is the best way.  One chance and no quibbles.  Agreed beforehand and fair to both parties 'cos it prevents either party playing poker. 

Regards, RAB

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »
I think it's pretty darn nice of mkdutchman to let us know where the auction is so we can make an absentee bid. 

Anyway; without going too far afield; what are the three most common uses for a 3.5 HP slow tick diesel besides watching and/or listening?  Both most honorable endeavours brothers and sisters but what are the utilitarian applications?

PS.  Can we get an English spell checker program as well as the American one that's installed?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »
Anyway; without going too far afield; what are the three most common uses for a 3.5 HP slow tick diesel besides watching and/or listening?  Both most honorable endeavours brothers and sisters but what are the utilitarian applications?

The utilitarian application for me would be for it to sit on its little concrete block base and provide me with a steady 500W to 1KW of power.........