Puppeteer

Author Topic: Anand Enterprise Generators  (Read 8624 times)

wscook

• View Profile
Anand Enterprise Generators
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:35:20 AM »
I am new to this forum and new to the business of generating electricity.
I have ordered a 10/1 and a 5kw generator from Anand Enterprise in Inda.
My review of the posting fail to locate or identify the worthiness of the Anand Generator.
Am I overlooking the information and if so could someone direct me accordingly.
If not could someone comment on the quality of the the Anand generators privately or by posting.
Thanks
William S Cook
in Orlando
I have on order a 10/1 and a 5KV gen

ronmar

• View Profile
Re: Anand Enterprise Generators
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:54:42 AM »
I don't know how many people are using that type generator.  I think most going the basic low-buck route are using the Chinese ST generator head...  Please let us know how it turns out.

Ron
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »
First Anand doesn't build the generator.

Second they are expensive and the quality is unknown

Eric from RPMS imported a bunch of Indian generators and never imported them again reasons undisclosed....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 01:38:19 AM »
Hi William,

It is now months later and I was wondering how you went with your Anand Gen head.

How did it all turn out??

Matt

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:13:33 AM »
And we heard not sigh or grown.....

I think we have another fellow who has found the Indians are so willing to please and do buisness that we loose something in translation.

captfred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:31:50 PM »
Got one, very clean power output - much better than the chinese heads - only problem is I can't use it.

Had just a small "Lost in translation" misunderstanding; the 7.5kw head came wired with only one leg 110 volts - house is wired for regular 220v - oops.

The Head was rather expensive compared to the chinese heads -  but seems to be well constructed. 

Looking for a small volvo, yanmar or whatever to direct drive and use it as a backup. 

Any ideas, as always welcome.

Fred

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 10:50:08 PM »
Got one, very clean power output - much better than the chinese heads - only problem is I can't use it.

Had just a small "Lost in translation" misunderstanding; the 7.5kw head came wired with only one leg 110 volts - house is wired for regular 220v - oops.

The Head was rather expensive compared to the chinese heads -  but seems to be well constructed. 

Looking for a small volvo, yanmar or whatever to direct drive and use it as a backup. 

Any ideas, as always welcome.

Fred

Fred,

My Petter engine came with a 110 volt, 60 Hz single phase alternator head.  It can make up to 6 kW at 1800 RPM.  I needed split phase 220 like you.  I got a 2 kVA dry Hammond isolation xfmer 120/120 and wired one winding to the generator output.  One 'phase' of the 120 is direct off the generator. The transformer secondary supplies the other 'phase'.  I now have 110-0-110.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

captfred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 03:26:48 AM »
Thats why I like this place, thanks rca for the info, will do some searching for isolation transformers - a friend and I both have these heads - will be great to have them up and running.

Fred

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
Fred Its called an Autotransformer......

If you can find any large 7.5 kVA with an Eddison 3 wire secondary you can do this.
Do a search I walked another fellow with an Indian head through this a while back.

For example a 5 threw 15 Kva  600 to 120-240 Hammond is are very common transformers before the three pahse ones start to come in cheaper.

You could also do some crazy stuff like 600 ( or more likely in the USA 480 ) transmission if you have a very long run between your generator and a secondary load.

Your local inspector would freak out but time and time again you guys show me that your not too concerned what he thinks lol.

lev-l-lok

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 02:10:47 PM »
Fred, Check Utterpowers site, I belive he shows how to split the leeds internally to make 2 110V legs. The destructions are for the ST, but it may apply as well to your gen. Doug, I'm sure, has heard of this.

Paul
Paul

1922 Fairbanks 6 hp Z, Chang Fa ZS1115G / Fuking ST-10, Lister? soon!

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 03:03:41 PM »
Some you can split easily like a ST head.

Some you can't like the Indian wound rotor types.

M61hops

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM »
Hi Fred: Have you looked inside your Indian head or did it come with a wiring diagram?  Does it have the field in series with the main power windings?  I had a Metro brand 7.5 KW a few years ago and it had the main windings on the rotor and the field windings were stationary.  The field was in series with the main windings and all the output power had to go through the brushes and slip rings as well as some cheap looking diodes.  It did work very well but I wondered what would happen if it blew one of the diodes.  Voltage regulation was very good and because it was series wound the more load applied the higher the output voltage went.  I thought it was a good machine but the diodes seemed like the weak point of that design.  Is yours wired like mine was?                        Leland
I pray everyday giving thanks that I have one of the "fun" mental disorders!

dmp

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »
...and what about a Harbor Freight 10kw @ 3600 rpm with an in Store price of $300?

Pulleys
David