Author Topic: Has anybody bushed valve guides yet??  (Read 9291 times)

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
Re: Has anybody bushed valve guides yet??
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:22 PM »
I understand the simplicity of the lister. However I like to tinker and plan on using modern tech where I can. I have enough know how to be dangerous. Maybe roller rockers coupled with ceramic valve guides would lessen the loading on the valves and eliminate the oiling interval.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

hotater

• View Profile
Re: Has anybody bushed valve guides yet??
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »
I  **Think** the top end of a Lister could be made oil-free except for a smear in the pushrod cups.

Sealed needle bearings in each rocker arm and a roller tappet for the lashcaps would solve oiling there....

The pushrods *could* be made nearly oil free by sealed ball joints, but the .018 backlash will be noisy.  :D

Surely somebody makes a booted valve stems with 'lifetime' lubrication, or ceramics and voodoo alloys that make their own lube, to make that part of it oil free so......

Now, dang IT!  I have to have this  one running.....and can't shut it down to try it, but that would be a great project.  Build a 'custom' head with the ports polished and three angle valve seats and some custom machined valve train parts and mounts to make it oil-free.....and make it look like a top fuel dragster engine....everthing milled and sealed smooth with 'racing' parts milled from barstock....

....but wait a minute.  If there's no oil on the floor that means I don't have an excuse to never sweep up the oil dry.....that's more work.   I think I'll squirt oil for now....

....and check ebay for Lister heads.   :o
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.