Author Topic: Oil Heater - Space Heater - Gasoline -Tent - Brand New  (Read 12759 times)

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Oil Heater - Space Heater - Gasoline -Tent - Brand New
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130190241720&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

These heaters are brand new military old stock.
You can use them to turn your wood burning stove into and oil burner, gas burner, or even filtered vegetable oil. They also work well for outdoor use on a patio.
These are new in the box and include the heating unit, 2 12' lengths of hose, regulator, & adapter to use with 55 gal. barrel, or 5 gal. Jerry Can.
They also come with a 4" flue cap in case you choose to use it with a flue pipe (not included). Instructions also included.

The pictures you see are of one that we opened only to take the photos. Yours will arrive new in the box as it was packaged from the manufacturer.

Canadian buyers please provide your phone number for shipping.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:41:19 AM by wrightkiller »

rmchambers

• View Profile
Re: Oil Heater - Space Heater - Gasoline -Tent - Brand New
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:01:55 AM »
does it use power too?  could you heat using waste motor oil?  looks intriquing.

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:23:18 AM »
Hi
I used one of these when I was in the Army. They work well but need a chimeny. Diesel is probably the heaviest oil to use with them. Bio diesel would work too.
Be careful with gas or alchohol. Get a fire going before letting any into the burner.
They being pot burners don't use any electricity unless the stove you put them in has a fan.
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

draganof

• Keeper of a Mighty Changfa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:03:10 AM »
Haven't seen one of these in years. I just bought one, there's one left.

John
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
Lot's more on ebay ........   M1941 Multi Fuel Stove     way cool.... ;D ;D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:05:44 PM by wrightkiller »

4x4_Welder

• What do you think I do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
How many BTUs do these throw out on diesel (or gallons per hour, I can do the conversion)?   
I love the smell of diesel smoke in the morning!

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
35,000 BTU

draganof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:19:28 AM »
I fired mine up today for the first time. It ran for 4 hours on WMO. Once it gets hot there is very little smoke. The real surprise came when I shut it off and let it cool down. I expected to see a lot of heavy buildup from the WMO but the inside is clean. The bottom of the combustion chamber has a nice black coating from the oil as it burnt itself out. Now comes the fun part, a coil inside to heat water for a heating radiator in the garage. This will become an outside zero pressure boiler used to heat my garage. Hopefully I'll finish it before summer.

John
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

4x4_Welder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 04:44:06 AM »
No stealing my ideas, now-
As long as you're not using a car radiator to discharge this heat into the garage we should be ok.
I actually nearly have everything for my setup, I was going to use a Mother Earth- patterned waste oil burner to heat a coiled tube, but this would be easier.

4x4_Welder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 04:46:54 AM »
Gonna know just how good these are in a few days.  Now I just need to get the rest of the system together and in place.  Probably would be helpful to wire the garage so I can circulate the coolant, too.

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »
My friend who sells military surplus is going to get some prices. He knows where there's a "whole bunch" of them. I'll post in the classified section when I get the #s

Thanks, Geno

draganof

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 05:13:33 AM »
No stealing my ideas, now-
As long as you're not using a car radiator to discharge this heat into the garage we should be ok.
I actually nearly have everything for my setup, I was going to use a Mother Earth- patterned waste oil burner to heat a coiled tube, but this would be easier.

I'm going to use an oil cooler from a 985 Cat so I should be safe.   ;D

I ordered a second one and it should be here on Monday. I didn't need two but I wanted an extra carb and at $25.00 for another new heater it's a steal! I have been heating my garage this winter running my Changfa 195 and have used over 300 gallons of WMO and Diesel. That's just crazy. We have an all electric house and the wife won't have any wood stoves! She says they make to much dust. So I'm going with the outside boiler and it will be quiet too. The only concern I have is being able to throttle the temperature and not make steam. I have a 55 gallon electric water heater for a storage/surge tank and that will be outside the garage with the oil  heater in its own little building. I intend to run this 24/7 during the winter months and being separate from the house will let me sleep a little better without having to worry about it. Our electric for heating during the winter averages about $300.00 a month so lowering that will be a good thing.

John
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 12:05:49 AM »
Hey Geno any word from your friend? ;D

4x4_Welder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:35 AM »
Got mine today, looks pretty sweet!  It'll fit nicely inside the 25gallon propane cylinder I plan on using as the shell of my heater.  Just above this, there will be a heat exchanger coil from a hot water pressure washer to pick up the heat and send it off into the garage.
Draganof-
Use two radiators.  Use a thermostat control and zone valve to direct heat into the space, and when the zone valve closes, it'll just waste the heat out of the second radiator outdoors.  You want to set your heat level and thermostat temp to keep the waste radiator from costing you too much extra fuel.

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:24:14 PM by wrightkiller »