Puppeteer

Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 17339 times)

sid

• View Profile
Re: Priorities
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »
Bill / if you want a beer on sunday in Georgia... you buy it on sat. until the 70 and 80s most place in ga. was dry// but we always had the bootlegger/// we have a long tradation of making our own... it was called medicine. a couple pieces of pepermint candy dropped in a gallon of home made whiskey became.....cough medicine..my grandfather took cough medicine for 89 years// worked good for him / some days he could not even stand up/ but he kept trying to cure that cough.. sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Priorities
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »
I like the convience but seems to me that most of us could manage if we couldnl;t shop for beer or anything else on Sunday.

It could just as easily be Saturday or better yet Friday in my book ( then we would have a 4 day work week  ;D ).

Not for religious reasons but jst to give people a chance to relax and have a day where little or nothing is open so you HAVE to relax and spend time withthe wife and kids.

And I'm not talking about Organized religion ( aka crime ) I mean the average guy who reads his bible from time to time or prays and makes a proper attempt to follow the 10 rules that most religions lay down. That guy is usualy a realy good fellow. The nuts however seem to be growing in number to the modest quiet religious type who don't make waves and shuv there religion in your face and tell you you are evil and will go to hell and need to be smited or stoned and damb the infadels..... 

I knew a few moslems like that. They realy blew me away because they quickly got into hockey and would have a beer or two (that was wrong but God forgives apperently if you do something good to make up for it ). I thought very highly of these little brown skinned fellows who never talked about god and always help with things like food drivers for the poor. Lots of good christians and jews like that I too ( Guessing on the Jew part never actualy met one that I can identify ).

Where religion does warp things is when doctrin comes into conflict with reality. Then some people get realy crazy and stupid, but the average guy can live with a little conflict over chirch and truth and not blow up planes.....

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:01:28 PM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken