Author Topic: New owner CS12/2 incl. Boat  (Read 84075 times)

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
Re: New owner CS12/2 incl. Boat
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
I'm in lust and now must go to Holland

Hi Doug,

Do you think you could please post my parcel before you go overseas?  ;)
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

listerdiesel

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
You guys that can read.  What an unfair advantage. 

Thanks for your patient expertiise.

LowGear

I'd like a pound or a dollar for evry time I have looked at something (more than once as well!) and just NOT seen the thing I was looking for.

Seems there are things in our brain that block out certain items at particular moments.

I've been hunting all over the place, both here at home and at the factory, for a little 4gb hard drive backup thingy that plugs into the USB port. It is actually a drive, not chips, but I just couldn't find it anywhere.

Looked in my travel bag tonight, there it was, grinning at me!

Peter

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 10:05:28 PM »
I'm in lust and now must go to Holland

Hi Doug,

Do you think you could please post my parcel before you go overseas?  ;)

Ya oops I been kind messed up since my head was reamed.
This weekend, I just need to find you adress again.......
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
Here are some other Tugs:   http://www.tugboatlars.se/Bogserbatar.htm
MLG Gib Key Pullers

Tijmen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »
Oh btw a friend of mine is also restoring an old boat with his dad. Also going to look like an "opduwer"
It got a lister in it, don't know the type but its a newer one. However it realy sounds great!
Here some video's of it: video1 video2

Another friend of me also got an air cooled lister in his boat (his boat is not as nice as mine  :P), I think its a LD2 8HP. Not sure but I will check the serial number tommorow.
The fact that I am into boats so much is that I am a member of a Dutch seascout group. Don't get fooled by the name seascout, we are only active on inland waters. We have our own 41m freightship which we use as a floating clubhouse. We also go on camps with it and use it as a tugboat to pull our sailingboats.

Here is a picture of the sailing boats pulled by our ship: going to a camp
and this is the beauty in full view
Its powerd by a Stork (dutch) 4 cilinder 182HP 650RPM motor, here is a video but this is a 3 cil Stork

I hope you guys don't get bored from my stories, i think its cool to talk about slow rpm engines. Seems like most of the lister engines are rare in the USA and Canada? Well here you see lots of them  ::)
Kinda Lister CS heaven here  :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:24:27 AM by Tijmen »

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »
Here are some more:  http://www.motorsleepboot.nl/
MLG Gib Key Pullers

Tijmen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 12:34:38 AM »
Here are some more:  http://www.motorsleepboot.nl/

Hehe I know that one :) I have ordered my lister flag there.
Here is another nice video of the same Stork engine we use, video is also taking with the exhaust sound on it. The tugboat has an Lister CS 6/1 (i think) in its engine room to compress air. The air is used to start the Stork engine. You can see the video on the menu to the right.

Stork video2

greasemonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 07:13:25 AM »
Hi Guys

I am a proud new owner of a Lister CS 12/2 which is placed in an old original Dutch towing boat.
In the up comming months I will try to restore the boat and engine as good as possible.
I don't have much experience with engines, nor restoration of boats. I am 22 now (young of age  :P) but I take this as a challenge.

Hope you like the photo's, I also wonder when the engine is build (serialn: 508102R5). Since I am confused about the new 'date system' from lister. Where I think the Lister is build after 1951?
Most serial numbers I came across on the forum are different then the one from my engine. Can somebody also state if the engine is in a good condition (compared to what you guys haveseen)? The engine runs, sound good (no weird sounds), and doesnt smoke alot. Engine was started at 2 degrees, only took 20 sec to start with a startengine mounted on the flyweel. After running for 1 min there was almost no smoke to see, so I think the ignition is good.

I couldnt make a test run with the boat in the water since it is stored in a warehouse. But I am optimistic that it will peform oke.
Below are some pictures.

Boat front
Engine overall
Engine top
Starterengine
Serial number
Compression valve
Clutch

greasemonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
Its very refreshing to see young men having a go at something with passion - what a great old boat - a friend of mine in Hobart Tasmaina has an old fishing boat 36feet long wooden and he has taken the engine out and fitted an CS 6.1 and runs a generator to drive a electric engine to turn the screw/prop, has finished as yet but when he has I'll up load some images to the site.... Tijman can you please upload some some pick to the boat from all angles - would be great if you could take a video and place it on Youtube for all to see... Well do you you and you friend

Tijmen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »
For some high res foto's go to: http://www.xs4all.nl/~gbrinker/foto/boot/
I will try to shoot a video at the end of januari when the boat is transfered near me. Then the restoration also starts.

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »
It seems to be pretty popular to collect these old tugs.  What do they sell for in fair condition?
MLG Gib Key Pullers

Tijmen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »
It seems to be pretty popular to collect these old tugs.  What do they sell for in fair condition?

If you want an original opduwer in great condition than you must think of prices between 8.000 and 15.000 euro's (12.000 / 22.300 USD).
The price depends on the size, engine type and unique parts installed on the boat.

The intrest in old engine's, boats or cars has increased on a large scale in Holland because the people can affort more than 15/20 years ago.
But you still have a difference between people who really love this stuff and trying to safe money for it or the rich one who wants to be part of the hype.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
But you still have a difference between people who really love this stuff and trying to safe money for it or the rich one who wants to be part of the hype.

Thank Goodness nothing like this happens in The United States.  It sounds absolutely dreadful. ::)

Cheers,

LowGear
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Tijmen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »
Hi Guys NEW UPDATE!  ::)

My boat survived the trip to Utrecht on the back of a truckbed.  The journey wend well altough there was some bad weather in the early morning.
But the distance is not that big compared to Canada or the USA :) Where just a nice small country.
So my lister + boat is finally home with me now and I can start restoring the hole thing. I will try to make a nice photo album with updates so you guys can see the progress.

Here is a photo with the tugboat on the truck. (shot with a mobilephone)

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
You know in the US we have a word to describe your boat..  CUTE! 

What a nice boat that is!  I look forward to seeing the restoration!

RC