Author Topic: How'd You Get Here!  (Read 18889 times)

shipo

• View Profile
Re: How'd You Get Here!
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
Everything starts during Katrina,  I spent more time in the gas station than at work. The Diesel pump always was empty. My search for a diesel generator started with FleBay-PS-George-Roketboy and here.
Changfa 195/10k
Changfa 170R

dmp

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 02:10:37 AM »
I really enjoy reading all the responses to statement/question.  There are alot of "heavy hitters" on this Forum not
heard  from YET.................................................................................................................................????

David

Florida Cracker

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »
I read about a guy in Fla. that had a listeroid that heĀ  used to power his house after a couple of hurricanes.

That is how I got interested. Here's his site http://www.f1-rocketboy.com/lister.html. When I read about running his house on 1/3 gallon per hour I wanted one.

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »
I got here through Rocket-boy's site as well.  That guy should get some kind of award.  I think he is responsible for about 1/4 of us being here.  I farm outside a small city in Ontario.  The idea of being self-sufficient is a strong one with me.  I have spent many a well lubricated evening with neighbors trying to convince them that our societie's evil energy using ways are bad.  The most I can get out of them is an offer for another beer.  While I like the idea of being able to have my comforts when everyone else is suffering, I like the idea of not being yet another drain on the system better.  I have no false notions about free power, or free anything.  I just want to look after my family as best as I can.  The low-speed way currently looks like the best bet.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.

dmp

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2008, 11:34:35 PM »
Well Rocketboy, ...as if thats your real name, you got alot of 'splainin to do!  You are responsible for a quarter of
Listeroid sales on my continent.  Well, I guess I know now how you got an engine with your name on it.
Your're a Flywheel insurance salesman.

David