Author Topic: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.  (Read 15988 times)

danalinscott

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 82
    • View Profile
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »
Quote
i will take back half the ugly things i think and say about them.

LOL..
Bob...that is going WAY too far.  ;)

But really..the EPA has been very enevolent on this particular subject.
I don't think it would be smart to explain this in detail on an open forum..but if you are interested email me and I will be happy to. You will be AMAZED!   
Dana
danalinscott@yahoo.com

mike90045

  • Mendocino Metro
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1279
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »
Quote
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the EPA “making” the laws is like the local zoning board “making” the zoning laws or the mayor “making” laws or the police commissioner taking a police car and going out and pulling over speeders and making arrests..

In California, that's EXACTLY what we have.  In Los Angeles, we have what's called SCAQMD
  South Coast Air Quality Management District
 http://www.aqmd.gov/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCAQMD#How_the_SCAQMD_is_organized

From several county areas, a random (or not) sample of elected officials and some state appointed members, brains not a requirement.  We now have dry cleaners that have a store front in the city, and truck the clothes to Mexico or Arizona to clean them.  Wood furniture shops are nearly outlawed (business creates dust and emits SMOG forming pollution). The "do-gooders" have heavily impacted large business, which is slowly moveing out of the state.  They create their own rules, and have inspectors that inspect business both on a scheduled basis, and at random. They carry the same weight as a fire marshal, they must be allowed in, or you are fined. 

 Granted, about 60% of what they do is fairly reasonable, but the other 40% is way over the top, for the results it gets.

Doug

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3386
  • Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »
Quote Bob:

(still looking for that little island to establish my own country on)

Repulic of Bob.....

Bobladesh....

Bobloblaw....

Bobbinia.....

Bobbania....

Spell it any way you like sounds good, we of course will need to make some formal mutual defence  trade and pacts and cultural exchange with Dougladesh
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

rmchambers

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 506
    • View Profile
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »
Haha, now that is funny..

His royal highness, king Doug of Dougladesh.

Prince QC-guy of Dougladesh.

Other names..

Great Dougland
Dougway
North Dougmerica
Dougtalia (if you have some Italian in ya)
Dougistan (perhaps not, Dubya might want to bomb you)

RC

buickanddeere

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 792
    • View Profile
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 04:07:05 AM »
  Government people like to clamp down on those trouble making potential rebels who think for themselves. A threat to their jobs and ego.

captfred

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »
Here ya go Doug - and only a little more than a half mil -



Bet the caretaker's house would make a fine "ministry of utilities"

Let me know if you go - I'll meet ya at Bandidos in Makati for a cold one ;D

Fred

Doug

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3386
  • Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »
Solar still and a snorkle problem solved!

We unlike those fellows with the stilts in the republic of Bobbania don't fear the polar bears cirlcing the underwater bread fruit plantations.

Wait its all so clear to me Bob:
Giant pumps to drain the oceans and we can expand our empires....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:08:57 AM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken