Puppeteer

Author Topic: salt cracking oil  (Read 11495 times)

captfred

• View Profile
salt cracking oil
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »
Before I get chastised for buying into this whole oxy salt oil cracking thing - did an experiment last night with some centrifuged wvo, salt and my wife's blender (done while  she was asleep).

Ended up with a top layer of creamy wax, middle layer of oil and a bottom layer of watery stuff.

Figure anything I take out of the wvo is a plus - right?

Anyone doing this or something similar? 

Here's a link to the website;   http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/bioD.html

Cheers, Fred

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Re: salt cracking oil
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:12:59 AM »
  I've yet to try the process but it sounds like done correctly it works. I'm amazed at the number of people however who hold complete and total distain for the agitated salt concept.

captfred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »
The acusorb stuff sounds like it's being used as a molecular sieve - probably zeolite - and without a doubt is overpriced and certainly meets the snakeoil criterion in my book.  My oil is centrifuged to less than a micron and crackles out at nil water - as far as I can tell.  Really don't care about the acusorb "excriment".

the point I was trying to get across was that something does happens when you add salt and agitate the oil - water or glyserol or whatever drops out of the oil - remove stuff from the oil,  should be less viscous and make a better fuel.

Last time I checked, rock salt was just a wee bit cheaper than methoxide or RUG or Naptha or any of the other ways to lower viscosity of wvo.

Anyway plan on continuing to play with this process (at least until my wife catches me mixing this s#$% in her blender) ::)

Cheers, Fred

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
  I should qualify the remark by stating the salt,agitation & settling sound fine. However the water absorbsion/removal can be achieved without the magic pellets. or obtaining the wonder pellets from the local discount wholesaler.

draganof

• Keeper of a Mighty Changfa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »
Alright I know this is wrong but I wonder what effect this "salt cracking" would have on UMO? No magical beads. just the basic salt and let it settle.

John
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 03:24:19 AM »
Alright I know this is wrong but I wonder what effect this "salt cracking" would have on UMO? No magical beads. just the basic salt and let it settle.

John

I suggest not using Capt Fred's method of the wife's blender to test out the theory.  You probably could find an old blender in a consignment/second hand shop for little $$ to try out the process and see.

draganof

• Keeper of a Mighty Changfa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 04:41:32 AM »

John

I suggest not using Capt Fred's method of the wife's blender to test out the theory.  You probably could find an old blender in a consignment/second hand shop for little $$ to try out the process and see.

Well I do have one I use for grinding Potassium Nitrate I guess I could use that. Just have to avoid sparks. :o
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »

Anyway plan on continuing to play with this process (at least until my wife catches me mixing this s#$% in her blender) ::)

Cheers, Fred

Every woman needs to get pi$$ed off once and a while. It is good for them to blow it off. I used to get he yelling and screaming, then I would just pretend she wasn't even in the room. Then when she got all wound up I would go take a walk. You could hear stuff crashing against the walls as I walked down the street. A couple hours later I would come back home and she would be back to normal, everything cleaned up and put away and all the steam blown off.

Never could figure why she left me.
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

Oiler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »
I`ve just found the Silica gel on the web, at a price app $2 for one pound.
Just google for silica gel cat litter.

TB
1962 CS 6/1 for cutting firewood.
Armstrong Siddley AS1 for sale.

1937 Lister D

1918 Lister L

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:09 AM »
I stumbled onto something.....

The picture of the Bus that runs on Soya bean from this company's website is actualy a PR photo from " Soybean Board of Nebraska " and they have no connection too this salt cracking hype.

I'd also like to add this isn't biodiesel but blended WVO, according to everything I can find and read does nothing but dewater the oil.

I wanted to believe.
Maybe there is something there for cleaning WVO, I'm still hopeful.

http://www.nrel.gov/data/pix/searchpix.cgi?display_type=verbose&max_display=1&skip_hf=1&query=%5E04231

Also disturbing

Our Hours Of Operation Are Tuesday - Friday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
We do not have a voice phone number or a receptionist in order to keep your prices low.

"NO PAPER company policy. We have no written literature."

Over 175,000,000 tons of paper and other wood products are dumped into landfills annually world over.

We offer only non-polluting electronically generated information that is served here on this web site.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:21:54 AM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken