Author Topic: wvo thinned with ?  (Read 7400 times)

captfred

• View Profile
wvo thinned with ?
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »
Have a guy on island that is blending wvo with 5 or 6 "secret" ingredients he got from some German website. Runs it straight in his diesel vehicle (2000km no problems).  Of course, since these are "secret" no one knows what they are.  Since WD40 makes such an excellent wvo solvent figure part of the formula is naphtha and mineral spirits; probably RUG also. Anyone have any experience lowering wvo viscosity with naphtha, mineral spirits, RUG etc.

Cheers, Fred

Holter

• View Profile
Re: wvo thinned with ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »
Probably ther "Schur-Mischung"? This is a patented mixture (intended with straight vegetable oil) of 80% SVO, 10% Gasoline and 10% IPA (Isopropylalcohol).
The idea is, that the gasoline adjusts viscosity and the Alcohol the cetane value (? I mean the burning/combustion capability). With WVO you have additionally to be careful with the pH and filtration.

Christian

captfred

• View Profile
Re: wvo thinned with ?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:53:21 PM »
Mornin' Christian

Thank you very much, you've got me sent in the direction I've been trying to go. Here's a link to another forum's discussion.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/alternative-fuels/164330-schur-ecofuel.html

Cheers, Fred