Author Topic: 1970's Krislar but looks like a Petter??? What is it?  (Read 31306 times)

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Re: 1970's Krislar but looks like a Petter??? What is it?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 04:25:08 AM »
  Very close to the PH1W but with a shorter aircleaner.  Turns out there was an oil bath air cleaner on there after taking all the rags, bags and cloths off. The fuel filter is larger and lower centered in front of the injection pump. The fuel tank is a rounded ended cylinder with small smooth seams.
     AV1 is a distant cousin at best.
   Tonights plans to haul the Krislar home were fouled again................................ :'(
    The #2 parts engine is in progress. And I'm also trying to find out which dump the #3 blown engine was hauled to.
    I hope the engine was well drained or has some antifreeze in it.

listerdiesel

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Just guessing but the Bryce pump might fit a more than just the AV series II.

Not in the UK it wouldn't. CAV and Bryce always maintained a pretty tight control on what pump fitted which engine, and pump numbers were not transferred/interchnageable between manufacturers either.

That is not to say they couldn't be used on another engine, just that it was not a practice carried on in the UK.

Within a fairly tight range, you could use a pump from one engine size on another, but so many factors are involved, especially the injector type and release pressure etc.

The other problem is the pump element helix, if that is the wrong way round then you'll get a runaway engine.

Peter

Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 09:21:11 AM »
Well I thank I got some pic's in to Copper Mine thay are under Tom T I thank the engine is a newer version butn in the same line It is now hocked up temp. but useable. Will put the spec's in later if it will let me. Tom T

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »
  Very close to the PH1W but with a shorter aircleaner.  Turns out there was an oil bath air cleaner on there after taking all the rags, bags and cloths off. The fuel filter is larger and lower centered in front of the injection pump. The fuel tank is a rounded ended cylinder with small smooth seams.
     AV1 is a distant cousin at best.
   Tonights plans to haul the Krislar home were fouled again................................ :'(
    The #2 parts engine is in progress. And I'm also trying to find out which dump the #3 blown engine was hauled to.
    I hope the engine was well drained or has some antifreeze in it.

So the fuel filter and the injection pump cover look like this ?

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2974570

Let me know if you have left over parts when done...
We can make some sort of deal.

Doug

Thank you for the info on CAV pumps Peter.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »
   She's thawed out in the garage and dried off.
    Just for the fun of it I grabbed the crank and noticed the engagement pawl was sticky so it was lubed up and worked  freely. Looked for the the serial number plate (*^%^&&^$^*^ :'(. Looks like it had been on there for decades and then was freshly knocked off while the engine was lugged out of the barn or hauled to the shop within the past month or two at most.
   There was a splash of diesel in the tank and some milkshake looking stuff in the crankcase after sitting outside for weeks. On a whim I gave her a whirl and much to my surprise there was a putt and snort then the d*m thing was running. No sign of oil flow up through that tube extending into the rocker arm compartment in 30 seconds so that might be an area of concern or not?
   Had to shut of off for a few reasons. #1 No muffler and when not wearing hearing protection she was barking pretty loud.  #2 I couldn't see anything in the 2-1/2 car garage that was 4ft or higher off the floor. Lots of black smoke when the governor was calling for fuel.And  white smoke when the fuel rack was a zero delivery? Kids and wife were certain there was some sort of crisis in the garage. #3 Had to kick the starting crank off the cam shaft. It didn't slide off the shaft on it's own as expected.The swinging starting crank's off balance was starting to wobble the engine around in a worrisome manner.
   The word Krislar is cast or stamped into every little piece of the engine. Tomorrow should provide some images.
   I assume pulling the injector out will reveal some more part numbers?  I'd like to spin her over and check the injector's spray pattern at the same time anyways. And to figure out which style/shape of the S injectors intended for A or B pumps she has.
    Finding either of this engine's sisters is still in progress. Maybe there will be a serial number plate of the parts engine?
  Many thanks for the links to the oldengines site with the Petter and Lister data. And to the person(s) who accumulated and posted the data there.

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 10:18:35 PM »
Keep me posted.

Especialy if you find the other in any condition, we may be able to barter some parts.

DOug

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 03:57:04 AM »
  Doug or anybody

What do you know about acquiring one of those new Koel  DM20's or TV2's in Ontario? And a matching ST generator head?

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 05:08:33 AM »
You want an ST head you talk to John F or Pat ( ebay Altopro ).
John has ESA field inspected heads, not to be confused with CSA certified ( small dig John )
Pat's heads aren't inspected but he's a nice fellow too.
Both guys seem to be very fair and honest. I bought one from  Pat and when it arrived here broken he sent me a replacement parts out of pocket even though his auction states all sales are final and no warrenty

There are no DM20's or TV2's in North America I am aware of with the exception of pair of TV1's in a crate in Origon state. I don't know much about them, only what I read on Ebay.
The ONLY product officialy sanctioned by Kirolskar oil engines limited for sale in Canada are the HA series and there is a fellow out your way who is a distributor. He can't or won't try anything else( came close but he decided not ), I also managed to talk to people at Kirolskar and they were not interested in selling their TV1 and TV2 even thought they were CEPA compliant ( think the DM and 1040 series were also ).

You want a DM 20 probably would have to buy a clone of it from India direct

buickanddeere

• View Profile
    Dragged the Krislar/Petter out of a corner of the garage today, too many competing projects, work,computer time, kids to sports etc. Basement was flooded in Feb due to a frozen then burst pipe. Been busy fixing things up. It drowned the main computer with most of our jpegs too.   
     The engine is  PH1W  in appearance. The injector angles into the cylinder head on the opposite side of the engine from the injection pump. So it's not an early AV type.
       As previously posted, the pump is a Bryce Model # FAOAB070C0177, serial # YK11372. It had been transplanted into the engine. So that could have been a donor from an AV series II or AVA series II but possibly from one of other identical parts engines in the area.
  The injector is the Size S Long Stem 3 hole type with an A-SD type mount . The Old Engine Boch data says it's an ADB type.The injector holder data is "MICO  *  LIC. Bosch  , 9430  031  258  , Made in India  629  ?
   Where should I look for that Bosch clone data?   

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
I believe if you change the forst digist 9 to a 0 that wil solve your conversion delema

buickanddeere

• View Profile
It's an east Indian injector body........found the missing compression
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 03:25:35 AM »
  I must be as blind and as stunned as my wife says I am :-[. I can't "see" anything with the numbers 430, 031 or 258 in a series anywhere on Bosch, Bryce or LAV ?
  All I can tell it's a 97mm long S type with a three hole tip. A number 52 or 67. Not a pintle  type.
  Anybody know how the date code works? All I found reference to was a "letter" date code?
  At least it's likely the engine is East Indian built. The condition/paint on the injector matched the rest of the engine exactly.
  The bore is 3-7/16" and stroke 4.333" so she's some sort of a PH1W.
   The missing compression was located. A made in England head gasket # 269116 measuring 50 thou thick with a 3.9950 bore was discovered sitting atop the 3-7/16 bore.
   The valves have been cut back to a such a narrow margin that I could shave with the exhaust valve. Between grinding the valves and seats. The exhaust is sunk 74 thou and the intake 56 thou.
    The water passages suggest that the coolant must have been dipped out of the cattle's water trough.
  The bore looks decent with no scratches and only the most minor ridge at the top of the bore felt with the fingernails. If the soot was polished off the untraveled portion of the bore the piston could probably be pulled out the top if one wanted to.
    I didn't check the block's cylinder wall thickness.  Odds are it's safe to bore to the ASJ1 dia of 3-13/16. I've way overbored tractor engines  then pressed in a dry/wet sleeve. I wonder if there is room for some of the Indian sizes of 102/4.01",114.3/4-1/2" or 120/4.72" ?   

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: It's an east Indian injector body........found the missing compression
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 03:32:48 AM »

The bore looks decent with no scratches and only the most minor ridge at the top of the bore felt with the fingernails. If the soot was polished off the untraveled portion of the bore the piston could probably be pulled out the top if one wanted to.

Nope Rod big end won't fit threw at least not on my 102 mm.

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »
  It looks like the AV/AVA style 7mm Bryce pump could be an undersized substitute for this PH1W type engine? Installed by the local Amish tinkerer perhapes?
     Either that or the Indians didn't use the 8mm pump until going to the 3-13/16" bore PJ sized engine?
    I was thinking of using  10mm internals and limiting the rack travel. Injecting the same total amount of fuel as the 7mm or 8mm but over a reduced number of crankshaft rotation/piston travel. Deere did that with success on the 20 and 30 series two cylinder diesels and picked up some fuel efficiency and power.
         Wish I could find some data on those MICO injector holder numbers.
     Looks like I should find an importer who will be bringing a shipment from India? To add in a box of parts from Anand.
    It's amazing to see how consticted the intake/exhaust passges are just below the valve seats and around the guides.
    When it's apart I'm thinking of machining to get the piston closer to the head to raise the compression a notch.   

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
  After cleaning the layers of dirt/soot off. It is a wet sleeve engine after all. At 1st glance I thought it was a sleeve-less investment cast block due to cost cutting by the East Indians.
  No 4" or 4-1/2"bores unless the entire block/sleeve is swapped out.

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 05:44:42 AM »
  Hmmmmmm. Kids just remembered to tell me late today that yesterday. The guy with the other Petteroid/Krislar engines had dropped in during my absence and was wanting to sell them? Will have to check this situation out.