Puppeteer

Author Topic: "Code talkers"  (Read 18792 times)

JohnF13

• View Profile
    • woodnstuff
Re: "Code talkers"
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 09:12:33 PM »
Quote:  "John...please don't trash listees that don't yet own Listeroids.  Lots of us are here to learn not only some aspects of the machine, but also characteristics of the sellers so we can determine who we might like to deal with after the sale!

Lots of us have "outside knowledge" that directly or indirectly applies to Listeroids, whether we happen to own 4 of them or not!

We also have the right to our opinions whether or not we happen to own Listeroids or even sell them."

Stan:  I'm not knocking anyone, however if someone makes erroneous statements then they need to be challenged, if just for the sake of not confusing someone who wants to own a Lister.  Unfortunately, some of the stuff that has been posted is not factual and does little to advance the cause of the engines.  Everyone has the right to their opinions and I strongly encourage people to voice them.  BUT, no-one should be surprised if a reply is posted which questions claims made that cannot be justified.  Opinions are OK, but facts are always better.

John F
2 x 6/1 JKSON.  1 x 10/1 JKSON, 1 x 27hp Changfa, 1 x 28hp AG295, 1 genuine 1939 SOM, a couple of others in test mode and a Hercules Multu-fuel still in the box.

kyradawg

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

Peace&Love, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:37:38 AM by kyradawg »

JohnF13

• View Profile
    • woodnstuff
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 01:05:31 AM »
Dawg;

First of all, if you read my post you will see while I used the word erronious, I did not use "false".

Where to begin.......

O.K. how about this one: you stated you were against using antifreeze because water has a higher latent heat than antifreeze. You must know that it  it isn't  latent unless there is a phase change - I think that was pointed out to you by another contributor.

Your comments re the cetane values of DinoD vs. Oils and your statement that oils are better in every way than DinoD:

Generally, diesel cetane falls around low to mid 40s. Premium diesel should be 50+ cetane, but is almost always no more than 47-48.

Now to the vegetable oils.

For example, corn oil has a cetane rating of only 37

Linseed oil 34, sunflower and soy only 36-37

Rapeseed oil is only 37.

That is only a couple.  I really don't have the patience to check every post you make for accuracy.....life is too short.
John F
2 x 6/1 JKSON.  1 x 10/1 JKSON, 1 x 27hp Changfa, 1 x 28hp AG295, 1 genuine 1939 SOM, a couple of others in test mode and a Hercules Multu-fuel still in the box.

kyradawg

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 02:42:31 AM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:37:10 AM by kyradawg »

SHIPCHIEF

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54:51 AM »
Apples vs oranges;
Darren, John was talking about pure veg oils and you threw in Biodiesel numbers, that's the kind of factual error we are refering to.
Ashwamegh 25/2 & ST12
Lister SR2 10Kw 'Long Edurance' genset on a 10 gallon sump/skid,
Onan 6.5NH in an old Jeager Compressor trailer and a few CCK's

kyradawg

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 03:26:01 AM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:35:48 AM by kyradawg »

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 04:27:41 AM »
Wow, what a thread. I believe that Lister engnes from India seem to "all" have quality issues. Even the best from what I can tell. I ordered 3 engines from a less expensive exporter (GTC) and got exactly what I expected with a few additional flaws thrown in for good measure.

So far the exporter is willing to fix the issues one by one and clearly stands behind his product by sending new replacement parts. So, I am pleased, for sure.

The issues are: sand, rough cranks, dings in one crank, 1 really bad rod, sand, sand, rust in 1 cylinder, scores in another, non rotating tappets and bearings need to be changed.

So we clean, polish cranks, change bearings and grind tappets. Not really unexpected at all.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

johnny williams

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:10 PM »
Speaking of code talkers can someone clear all of this EPA BS?