Puppeteer

Author Topic: fuel limiting adjuster  (Read 4071 times)

luismc

• View Profile
fuel limiting adjuster
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »
I remove the fuel injector pump on the zs1115 it have a broken delivery valve spring .How do i adjust the fuel limiting adjuster ?
luismc

listerdiesel

Re: fuel limiting adjuster
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:21:47 AM »
If the delivery valve spring is broken then your injection will go south in a hurry.

It is not adjustable in most pumps, you just get a new spring and off you go.

On the very few valves that are adjustable, there are usually shims to adjust the opening pressure.

Peter

luismc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
I did order a new pump as i did not find the spring  alone .I need to know how to adjust the fuel limiting
luismc

mjn

• View Profile
    • My Changfa Generator Project
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »
The fuel limit adjustment is used to prevent wasted fuel when the engine is overloaded.  It is not directly related to the fuel delivery valve.  Here is how I suggest you adjust for maximum fuel delivery with a minimum of waste.

Start the engine, and load it down until it starts to emit black smoke.  Any further fuel added will just be wasted.  Turn the fuel limiting adjuster in until the black smoke almost goes away.

For reference, here is what the fuel delivery valve and spring looks like on my Changfa 195:

I don't have a good picture of the fuel limit adjuster, but here is where it screws onto the engine.  The red line points to the injector pump plunger.  The green line points to the governor fork.  The fuel limit adjustment screw sets the maximum amount of travel for the governor fork.

Changfa 195 7.5 kw ST.  WVO conversion http://martin.nile.googlepages.com/
Metro 6/1 DI Listeroid. Pumping water for fire control.
1933 Stover CT-1 hit and miss
1936 Farmall F-12 -- unrestored, still used to mow the field

luismc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »
Thanks for the information .I try not to go over 8k watts on a 12k gen so I will load it to 9 or 10k watts and adjust it how you say.That way if I see a voltage drop I turn something off.

luismc