Puppeteer

Author Topic: 1000 Engine Rally - 2007 England Way cool !  (Read 3287 times)

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Engine Rally - 2007 England Way cool !
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:11:01 AM »
Gee that`s very nice but a 10 minute video through my dial up.....  I`d get it faster if you mailed me the DVD.  :(

This weekend was the Cookstown Ontario annual steam show and I attended for the first time.  Probably shud be renamed `Kerplop, kachunk, bang wheezenfest`.  ;)   This is the first such show I ever attended in my life and the first time to see hit`n miss engines running.  Not ONE vintage diesel was in attendance.  I saw a couple of Lister bubble top gas engines that resemble the 6/1 in a general way.  I`m glad I went, and only nine dollars were spent.   Admission and a inline fuel filter from the flea market.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

unimogr

• View Profile
Re: 1000 Engine Rally - 2007 England Way cool !
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:20 PM »

Stopped by the show on Saturday, this was the third year I attended.  It's never a big show but one thing I do like about it is that's very relaxed, kids running around everywhere on modified lawn tractors, people touring around on their tractors and no one seems to be hurt, killed or even concerned.

Did you check inside the big white tent?  Off to one side was Ed Irwin, he's a model engine builder and his models are something else to behold.  He buys the basic castings as a kit but everything else he builds himself right down the to the spark plugs and magnetos.  He had a steam engine mounted on a rail car that I didn't see last year but didn't get a chance to talk to him and find out if it was a new addition or not.

My daughter wanted to look at the animals and while she was looking at them I was looking at the big steam engine that's sitting on the side of the main road in.  An old guy came up to me and started telling my about the 1/8th model he's building of this tractor in his basement.  You sure do meet some interesting people at these kind of fairs.

Jason