Author Topic: Chinese vertical singles  (Read 4783 times)

Robin

• View Profile
Chinese vertical singles
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »
Hi,
The previous topic made me start this one. I have a Garden tractor powered with a chinese vertical 18hp single diesel engine. http://www.delux.com.cn/en/product.asp
I´m not sure if the link works, but a search with the name Shunde delux diesel will lead there. Is this a chinese Listeroid or Petteroid, and if it is, can anyone tell what model it is based on? The bore is 105mm and stroke 115mm.
All information would be much appreciated,
Robin

ronmar

• View Profile
Re: Chinese vertical singles
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »
Hadn't seen those before.  Looks like 2200-2300 RPm for rated output.  Wonder how one would do derated to 1800 RPM with a big flywheel, direct drive to a ST head:)
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »
A friend of mine imported a big load of these back in 2000. As far as I know they are still in storage. We brought in some of the "modified tractors" too, the rig that looks like an odd pickup truck. They have 4 speed non-synchromesh transmissions, 25 hp twin engines, and will go so fast it'll scare you! At around 35 mph + they are VERY unstable and twitchy, but hey, its a tractor!

Mike

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 10:03:47 AM »
My tractor is built by another company named Xingtai Tractor Plant. They only buy the engine from Shunde.  The user´s manual for the engine is written in chinese unlike the tractor manual. the pictures are of some help, but I think the easiest way around the language barrier would be to use a manual of the engine they propably copied.

JMW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:18 PM »
I'm interested in learning more about this engine.
If you can scan it and email it to me, I will get it translated, and email the translation back.

It would also be interested to know which original engine it is a copy of - presuming that is the case.

Mark

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »
I tried to attach pictures and a scan of the page dealing with the fuel pump timing and valve settings judging by the pictures, to help to identify the engine, but I can´t figure out how to get them here. Pressing that insert an image- icon clearly is not enough, and scaleing the pictures to a smaller format would anyhow be a struggle worth another story. I´m afraid scanning the whole 60 pages of manual is out of the question for various reasons.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 07:22:01 PM by Robin »

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »
I think I may have an english manual that the factory guy gave me on my last trip to China. I've got a suitcase full of the various engine manufacturers manuals and sales brochures. We went to over 30 factories on the last trip.

Mike

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
Mike,
Could you get a copy made and mailed, in case you have the correct manual.
The engine type is SHUNDE DLH 1105
The Chinese manual I have also deals model DL.