Author Topic: Changfa type engines, which manufacture???  (Read 3859 times)

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Changfa type engines, which manufacture???
« on: November 19, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »
   I've had a dealer tell me that the "Weichai" Changfa is better built than the "Changfa" Changfa?  Of course this is to be expected.
   In the real world, which Changfa style engine built by whom would have the highest odds for relaibility? 

europachris

• View Profile
Re: Changfa type engines, which manufacture???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 07:31:35 PM »
I have only experience with my "Powersolutions" brand Changfa, but it's a genuine Changfa. 

For the $600 I spent on an 8 horse water cooled diesel, I've been very impressed with the quality and performance.  Granted, I've only run it maybe 10 hours (it's only a backup set and/or 'toy'), but so far, so good.  Fit and finish is quite good, and the crankcase was spotless from the factory. 

I've heard that the Changfa "copies" can be rather less than stellar quality.  I'd recommend a real Changfa to anyone.

Chris

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:52:09 AM »
Hope your Weichai dealer is right.  Just bought a 25hp one.  Looks good so far, should have it running soon.  Waiting for the direct coupler to come back from the machine shop.  Follow in the Weichai thread.
Zke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

Biloxibad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
We have a local dealer here in Mississippi, that carries the Jiang Ling (Changfa clone). When I was kicking tires to purchase my 1125,  he bad-mouthed the WeiChai clones, (imagine that) LOL.

Mine is finally running satisfactorily but only after losing the radiator, fuel tank, and a  starter,  I have about 400 hrs on it ,

Steve
Metro lister6/1
Jiang Ling zx1125
ST15
Baldor 20 3 ph 3450
Baldor 10 Hp single phase 1750