Author Topic: David Edgington Lister CS NEW book!  (Read 6740 times)

mamad

• View Profile
David Edgington Lister CS NEW book!
« on: January 22, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »
Greeting all !!

Did you know that David Edgington, the well known stationary engine author and historian, has been working on a very detailed book on how the Lister CS diesel project came into being, and all the different variations and dates.

Many of us are waiting for this book to arrive! I am sure David will be happy to receive any related subject to his new book before publishing!

For me, David's books and booklets were the same as a bridge that connected me to the past! you could connect to the past simply  ;) as below:

Email: Enginbooks@aol.com

Address: Lodge Wood Farm,Hawkeridge,Westbury,Wiltshire BA13 4LA

Mamad

hotater

• View Profile
Re: David Edgington Lister CS NEW book!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:19:50 PM »
I   WILL have one of these books.  Thanks for the heads-up, Mamad!  I'm looking forward to it.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

mamad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »
Yes,it is MANY things that we need to learn from David!!

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 01:28:45 AM »
I'm also very interested in Mr Edington's new book!  Thanks, Mamad for the tip.  I've read  some of your wonderful old engine/travel stories from the Utterpower links, and am most grateful for your efforts.  It was wonderful to read about some real people in Iran and about real life there.  Our media here in the US can give us a very distorted world view sometimes.

Best Wishes,
Bruce McCreary
Metro 6/1
Snowflake, AZ

mamad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »
Hello Bruce
Yes,in all the world the sky is BLUE!!
Our media also always show us wrong things about the West specialy U.S!! but most of us donot bleave them and know that they are only big liers.
During last two years that me and George were keep in touch ,I found that American arenot whom that are showed in Holly Wood!!and I am sure that George,also found that most of Iranian arenot the same as some CRAZY Arabs that your media show you!!
All the best
Mamad 

Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 03:35:02 AM »
Hello mamad  There are good folks all over the world we just have to lookfor them and trust. Thanks for the good words. Thomas

binnie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 07:14:13 AM »
Hi Mamad,
I was blown away by that video of you & the 4 cilinder lister that started up so easy  like a 6/1 and look forward to David's book. I hope it delves into that one. It is a bueaty . binnie
Listeroid 12/2 Jkson with 10kw head, for backup now on diesel. Future interests: WVO, bio,  Cogen - Heat exchangers - solar.

mamad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »
Hello Binnie
Yes,I always blow away more by starting 6 Cylinder Lister JP6 by handel !!! for me this engine(Lister JP) is the same as a Camel that work slow but for a long life!!
in some parts of the country there are some British Stationary engines are woking for during last 60 years !during my travels I asked some of the farmers about when they bought the engines? BUT they didnot know! because the engines had bought by their fathers when they didnot born yet!! infact the engines are much older than them! 

I forwarded the strory of the Lister JP4 that you watched its video to David and as I remember, he published it in the" Stationary Engine Magazine" No: 376 !

www.stationaryengine.com

David also wrote some more interesting articles in the ET of Stationary Engine Magazine Numbers:360,379 and specialy 382(January 2006) that I am sure you like to read it! :)

Mamad