Puppeteer

Author Topic: For those who believe in the "laws" of physics...  (Read 6927 times)

phaedrus

• View Profile
Re: For those who believe in the "laws" of physics...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »
Hey CD, That's a very nifty site! Thanks!

As we all know, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"  I would not dismiss this guy and his work, not at all. Physics is not a finished science...

I would add that recently cold fusion experiments have made some advances that seem, inescapably, to indicate fusion is occurring. Neutron emission and helium gas being detected, and the work is, I think, peer reviewed and being successfully duplicated.

http://www.newscientisttech.com/channel/tech/mg19426021.000-cold-fusion--hot-news-again.html

and

http://www.newenergytimes.com/news/2006/2006ExtraordinaryEvidence.pdf

Best, Phaedrus
if ya don't ask permission they can't deny it...

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
There is this fine line between genius and insanity.  My guess is the boy in the leather helmet is on the nutso side of the line.

Have always hoped cold fusion would work.  Just start with a big di-lithium crystal, the rest is a piece of cake.
Zeke
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:14:24 AM by okiezeke »
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

rbodell

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
There is this fine line between genius and insanity.  My guess is the boy in the leather helmet is on the nutso side of the line.

Have always hoped cold fusion would work.  Just start with a big di-lithium crystal, the rest is a piece of cake.
Zeke

I used to get off work at midnight and go out in the shop to mess around. One neighbor was always looking out from behind the curtains to see what was going on.

One night I brought out the tesla coil and tuned it up out in the yard. Then I got a couple of rolls of aluminum foil and made a football shaped hat. Then I got down on my knees and started to pray to it. After a few minutes he dissapeared so I went back to what I was doing.

About 15 minutes one of the cops stopped by and said thay had a call that somethying strange was going on. I said well let me show you and you can decide, so I put on my aluminum foil football hat, turned on the tesla coil, got back down on my knees and commenced to pray to it.

The cop said yeah yeah Bodell, but what were you doing that was strange?

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
Haha, sounds like the cop was an ok kinda guy.  Curtain Twitchers (tm) can be a blessing and a curse.  In your case they were a pain in the ass.  If you were away from the property and someone was nosing around and they called the cops on them then that becomes a blessing.

Were sparks a flyin' when you were praying to the god of electricity at the alter of Nikola Tesla?

"Jeees hank, what's that crazy Bodell doing now?"

Robert

rbodell

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »
Haha, sounds like the cop was an ok kinda guy.  Curtain Twitchers (tm) can be a blessing and a curse.  In your case they were a pain in the ass.  If you were away from the property and someone was nosing around and they called the cops on them then that becomes a blessing.

Were sparks a flyin' when you were praying to the god of electricity at the alter of Nikola Tesla?

Robert

Who me crazy?
I'll have you know my shrink told me I was cured. In fact his exact words were .....

"Bodell, you don't need to make any more apointments here any more, there is nothing more I can do for you."

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »

Robert

I believe I read somewhere in Shinto Bubism Eddison is revered as the god of electricity.....

It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 01:13:21 AM »
r bodell,
Built a 6' tall tesla coil when I was in high school.  Had to play with it in the early AM since it knocked out tv reception and the neighbors complained.  I can remember seeing the coil arcing between wraps, and I looked closer and closer then it nailed me on the end of the nose.  Didnt do that again.
Zeke

rbodell

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 03:16:41 AM »
r bodell,
Built a 6' tall tesla coil when I was in high school.  Had to play with it in the early AM since it knocked out tv reception and the neighbors complained.  I can remember seeing the coil arcing between wraps, and I looked closer and closer then it nailed me on the end of the nose.  Didnt do that again.
Zeke

back in the late 50's or so there was this kid down the street. Most of the time he was just the neighborhood bully, but we did find common ground in fire and sparks. Even though I was several years younger than him I had him because I was the only one in the neighborhood that went to the trouble to learn morse code. Why morse code you may ask SNICKER, yep, the old spark gap transmitter. For those not familiar with them, they transmit on all frequencies. The ones we made were good for several miles which pretty much took in the entire town, the one across the bridge and part of another one. WEEEEEELLLLLL, after about a year somebody got some amature to hang out at his house a few evenings to get enough information to figure out who we were. Luckily they didn't call the FCC if they even existed back then, but they did show up with the town cop. Man, that was not a good evening.

adhall

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 06:26:28 AM »
Kid's and spark-gap trnasmitters--sounds like a common problem.

When I was a kid I built a spark-gap transmitter using an oil burner ignition transformer. My Dad had been in the Signal Corps in WWII so it didn't take him very long to realize that the interference he was seeing on his TV set was in Morse code. I quickly got a stern lecture about the FCC coming to haul my sorry ass to the slammer and the ignition transformer dissapeared for good.

Best regards,
Andy Hall
JKSon 6/1, 5 kW ST Head, 1992 Dodge RAM Cummins 5.9L Turbodiesel, 2001 VW TDI 1.9L Turbodiesel, 2006 Jeep CRD Turbodiesel, Yanmar FX22D Diesel Tractor

rbodell

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
Kid's and spark-gap trnasmitters--sounds like a common problem.

When I was a kid I built a spark-gap transmitter using an oil burner ignition transformer. My Dad had been in the Signal Corps in WWII so it didn't take him very long to realize that the interference he was seeing on his TV set was in Morse code. I quickly got a stern lecture about the FCC coming to haul my sorry ass to the slammer and the ignition transformer dissapeared for good.

You were lucky, I had three towns issed at me. There are people who still remember it. There was an up side though, it was one of the very few dumb stunts I did the didn't end up in the hospital, although I did get a few ass beatings from kids whose cartoons on tv got messed up for a year.
Best regards,
Andy Hall

phaedrus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:50:52 PM »
Sometimes I worry that todays kids lack a quality that we had, I too built a SG transmitter, rotary gap with a motor and using the motor winding as part of the tank - and managed a somewhat directional antenna that ruined TV for the neighbors, more in one direction than another.

Sometimes I worry about it, where are those kids? - and then I see that they do still exist. Ever read about "The Radioactive Boy Scout"?

Kid built a breeder reactor in his mom's potting shed. Really! I am waiting for some kid somewhere  to go the, ahem, 'next step'... After reading the article in Harper's I think he had the ability, just not the inclination or budget. a summary's at:       http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

Most everything that interested me when I was a kid is now illegal.  ;)

if ya don't ask permission they can't deny it...

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:14 PM »
Illegal,
Boy, do I know it.  If I tried half the stunts I did 40 years ago the FBI would toss my ass in jail forever.  Remember dynamite??  The greatest toy ever.
Zeke

rbodell

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 03:02:25 AM »
Illegal,
Boy, do I know it.  If I tried half the stunts I did 40 years ago the FBI would toss my ass in jail forever.  Remember dynamite??  The greatest toy ever.
Zeke

That would never have worked with me. I once let a firecracker go off in my hand because I didnt think it would hurt that much. That wasn't what was so stu what was real stupid was that I did it again. No, I was not the type of person you would give dynamite to LOL.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 06:29:32 AM »
When I was in college I used to fire up the campus radio equipment and brodacst the campus radio station ( I ran it and had time on my hands.... ).

I also found I could drive Supreme cable mad but pointing some old navy surplus radar equipment at their dish farm.

Never got caught, eventualy got bored and ran out of parts to keep the old junk working ( also had a few friends who needed tube amps fixed )
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken