Author Topic: Decals  (Read 5169 times)

Stan

Decals
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:09:35 AM »
Hi all....I need all new decals for my 6/1 (Penelope) and I know I can get the fuel tank, Lister name, and flywheel arrow from    http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/decals.htm
   However Mine has the faint remains of the decal on the "front" main body which has the large (script) letters "Lister", at an angle, and underneath that in much smaller block letters "Manufactured by" and underneath that "R.A. Lister & Co Ltd" and under that "Durlsey England".

Does anyone have any idea where they might be available?
Stan

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Decals
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:09:16 AM »
if you cannot find one, make one

seems to me there is decal paper (with the decal attached) you can print and apply from your puter

or there is the laquer method if you can find a picture in a magazine, it works exceptionally well .

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

listerdiesel

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:16:57 AM »
All of the Lister transfers are available from David Edgington, plus there are a few resellers on ebay as well.

http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/decals.htm

Peter

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »
I bought some Lister decals from an ebay seller named Petterguy.  The package arrived promptly and they look great.  When I applied them the problems started.  I have applied decals before and have learned how to do it.  But these decals are so thin and flexible that I simply could not get them on without stretching, distortion, wrinkles, or even straight.  The membrane was far too thin to manipulate.  I have seldom experienced anything more frustrating or irritating.

Bob

Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

Stan

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:26:13 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Bob.....I'm not yet ready to pretty her up but when I do I'll probably order them from the David in the uk.
Stan

lendusaquid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »
If you are having problems applying decals then wet the surface where they are going with soapy water.This will break the surface tension of the water and let you slid the decal into position.

Green Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 10:49:51 PM »
I bought some Lister decals from an ebay seller named Petterguy.  The package arrived promptly and they look great.  When I applied them the problems started.  I have applied decals before and have learned how to do it.  But these decals are so thin and flexible that I simply could not get them on without stretching, distortion, wrinkles, or even straight.  The membrane was far too thin to manipulate.  I have seldom experienced anything more frustrating or irritating.

Bob

I purchased my decals from this guy and had exactly the same problem!