Author Topic: Information needed on lister ST2 engine  (Read 11173 times)

cornsugar

• Barry Irish
    • View Profile
Information needed on lister ST2 engine
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
      I have a lister No. US7882 ST2 A30, B.S.649, H.P.14.6, R.P.M.1800,two cylinder,electric start, air cooled ,diesel engine with a allmand  modle BD5 5 KVA generator out of a light plant that was used at an iron ore mine. I am looking for a maintance manual or any information on the engine. I had it  running for 5 to 10 minnutes when it started to shut down like it was running out of fuel but was not out.
It has a new fuel filter and new fuel and the air was bled out of the fuel lines but still won't start.
 Barry
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:48:55 PM by cornsugar »

Stan

Re: Information needed on lister ST2 engine
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »
I"m not sure what engine that is.  Is it a single or a double?  Anyway, here's the Lister manual that gives lots of hints and tips on starting and troubleshooting.

http://oldstylelisters.com/manuals/index.html
Stan

mamad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 07:21:52 PM »
Hello Barry
if you couldnot find the manuals yet? I have Manuals of ST range and will be happy to send you a copy of them but as I am far from you it will take long!?if you are not in hurry so I will send them to your address and if you are in hurry then I will be oblige to send via E-mail.

before doing any job if the engine donot start you must be sure that you are turning  the engine in correct direction!

then you must be sure that the fuel pump and nozzel injector are right and it will be appear simply by hearing JIR JIR .... sounds of injection during while you are running the engine by handle (for both cylinder).

if all things refer to Fuel is right then you must check Valve clearance(0.010" ~0.012") and pressure of cylinders one by one  .

if the engine donot start yet then please,inform me how the engine stopped ?? did it stop with BLACK smoke?

Mamad

quinnf

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:50:17 AM »
Barry, another source is the forum at smokstak.com.  This place is mainly a bunch of folks interested in the Indian copies of the slow speed Lister diesels.  Check out smokstak.com.  A bunch of very friendly engine-heads there.  Someone will probably be able to fax you what you're looking for.

Quinn

cornsugar

• Barry Irish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 11:58:47 PM »
    Thank you Stan, mamad, Quinn, for your help. I've looked through several web sites that i've found due to the
    forum and found that the lister i have resembles the js modle but air cooled. It has only one fly wheel and is coupled
    directly to the generator. I'm unable to find a serial number on a plate, and only found what i beleive is the casting
    numbers for the block which is 202-80015. Iwill try this weekend to clean it up a bit and take some pic's and
    down load them.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 04:05:56 AM »
cornsugar----

If it ran for five minutes and then stopped it's either seized solid or has a 'fuel problem'.  Those are the choices.  I'm betting fuel.   ;)
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.