Author Topic: Lister Chick  (Read 9347 times)

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
Lister Chick
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:59:18 AM »
I have found a link to the ultimate Lister Chick at: www.peakoil.com    Go the the first page and look left to a picture and link to garden Girl. She is trying to break into tv with her video on permaculture, self sustience etc. She has also bought a Lister engine and could probably use the boards advice.  Check her out! ;)

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Re: Lister Chick
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 02:14:16 AM »
O.K.  she's got my vote :o :o :o :P :P :P ;D ;D

Doug

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 02:25:29 AM »
I'm married and dead form the neck down so where's the engine?

Doug

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:55:44 AM »
  What substance numbs a women from the waist down?...................................................................Wedding Cake

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »
What metal and carbon form brings back that lower abdomen feeling? ..................GOLD and DIAMOND ;D

Doug

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:27:55 PM »
I'm just happy I have a form, and general shape.

Gray, balding and gassy but its all mine....

Beats fat lazy and stupid.

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Update on the Garden Girl. She has bought a Lister and is planning on running it on wvo. Says she lives near a chicken joint and will have a free fuel source. She has a web page at:http://www.gardengirltv.com and is talking to the This Old House crew about getting her own show.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »
A city girl that believes in peak oil and hand feeds a bunny rabbits probably wouldn't do well in my world.   ::)
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Doug

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:35:41 AM »
Gotta admire a woman who has the savy to grab onto an idea and build a marketing machine from scratch...

I wouldn't be suprised to see her make a TV show and end up onthe Womans chanel or something.

She stands a better chance than I do with the "Short tempered, gassy and swears a lot guy" show. Now if I could find a hot chick to co host with me and add some fishing and roid stories with cars and gun play I might stand a chance on the proposed Suburban slob network....

Doug

Hmm....
Sounds like a need for a Roid/stationary/outdoor/country living in Suburbia/off grid/hunting and fishing/Beer/airplane/construction renovation show exists.

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 01:46:37 AM »

Hmm....
Sounds like a need for a Roid/stationary/outdoor/country living in Suburbia/off grid/hunting and fishing/Beer/airplane/construction renovation show exists.

I'm there dude!

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 03:33:57 AM »
  What town is this Lister Chick setting up her empire in?

As for running out of oil............never. There is 400+ years of coal in just a couple of Pennsylvania counties. Coal gasification into liquid fuels works well.
   The Germans kicked everybody's butts from about 1936 to 1944 on the stuff. The South Africans used and improved the technology when the world shut off their oil supply to "teach them a lesson". Made them rich instead by improving and selling the technology to other coal rich/oil poor nations.
  Then there is biomass oil etc too. A little cheap heat, steam and hydrogen from off peak nuclear, no problem to brew a reasonably priced batch oil #2 diesel.
   Speaking of electricity. GM is finishing up a Lithium Ion battery/gasoline hybrid. Plug it in when returning home, then unplug and drive 60-100 miles round trip to work the next day. If the batteries get low the gasser engine cranks up to get you home.

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 04:37:32 AM »
  What town is this Lister Chick setting up her empire in?

Speaking of electricity. GM is finishing up a Lithium Ion battery/gasoline hybrid. Plug it in when returning home, then unplug and drive 60-100 miles round trip to work the next day. If the batteries get low the gasser engine cranks up to get you home.

Gee what a clever idea!  (place sarcasm emoticon here)   ::)

After seeing the utter stupidity the way they handled their lead position with the EV-1 what was it about 15 years ago now?, nothing GM or any of the other big three impress me at all any more, and haven`t for many years running.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 04:40:46 AM »
Lister Chick is in the 'burbs of Boston Ma.  (this according to her web site).

Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
I do wish her the best of luck but…it all rings like a Bob Vila’s  “This Old House” kind of  thing… someone else…actually does all the real work and they are  talking heads walking around the job site wearing a tool belt… … I appreciate those that are DIYers a lot more…I could be wrong…it happened once before…along time ago… :)
Joe
Nothing is easy...if it were...anybody could do it.

2005 Power Solutions  6/1-ST5

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 01:45:08 PM »
She can't possibly be any more annoying than that Joanne Liebler woman that branched out to selling toilet bowl drop in cleaners.

I want to see her generate her own power using the Lister.