Puppeteer

Author Topic: Machine Drawings of Lister?  (Read 5271 times)

evilpsych

• View Profile
Machine Drawings of Lister?
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
Hey guys.. are there open-source plans for the lister? I think it would be pretty neat if someone here in the US was able to refine the lister down, and make their own hobby castings. There's a lot of fellows playing around with home cast-iron foundries.

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
Re: Machine Drawings of Lister?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:29:07 AM »
We have CMM (coordinate measeument machine) at work and I havebeen trying get the operator to measure all the machined surfaces of a case.  That would be a big help.
MLG Gib Key Pullers

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
Hi from some of the comments here you would realy need to measure several and average, maybe?
Dennis
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

evilpsych

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 12:13:06 AM »
i dont know.. perhaps it would be enough to know all of the specs of the engine, so you could get a custom-ground cam, and crankshaft along with a head. Just think of how long a precision version of a lister would run? Of all of the horror stories about shaft-holes drilled off center or off-90deg, i'm a little hesitant to buy a indian lister.

1966Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:46:34 AM »
I was over at Smokestack.com and ran accross John Burnes post about some 4hp Reid bedplate paterns he had made. Could be done with a Lister too!

I asked him about his project and he gave some insight but he will not know the whole cost of the project until all is said and done.

Here is the link: http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34500

Very interesting.
Jon

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:14:02 AM »
This is what I came up with on the cam idler location for a 6/1 Listeroid. I could have put it on a CMM but I didn't see the point. If you own a Listeroid I believe all of our cam idler locations are different. Most of the dimensions are in Inches so you can see the variation from what should be and what I had.

Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA