Author Topic: Power Failure resulted in trade - SOM for Bigger Listeroid  (Read 10287 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: Power Failure resulted in trade - SOM for Bigger Listeroid
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »
Piss off :p

I'll post some soon... babysitting the kids right now, and they are keeping me busy
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 11:31:17 PM »
Well here we are in March and not even a blip on the Power meter!!!!

The listeroid has been started twice and run for about 5 minutes.  I have it hooked upto the house and can run most of it.  Boy she heats up fast once the whole house is on her!!!  But she does not seem to dislke the work out, actually its like she enjoys it.

If I watch things closely I can even have a hot shower :D

I have had a number of people who stopped by for other things, want to see the engine.  No pretty women yet, but I do have the figners crossed :D... actuall no ugly women either :D

My Listeroid did like to walk, but a bolt in the floor stopped that!!!  In my perm location I will install it on a cement block and bolt her in.

I will also work on a better muffler, the factory one leaves a little to the imagination.  I tell you next power failure in the spring, as she is running , John is going to flooded with inquires as people walk around the block here durring failures. and with it in the garge with the door open, we are bound to generate a lot of interrest as well as as power.   

I'll post some pictures soon
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

CD in BC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »
Sir, you are a brave man to admit to such a thing in public.  I admire that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking in a general sense now, as I approach middle age, I find a gentle misogyny creeping up on me. 

I began as an innocent idealist of the usual Western stripe, believing in that hallowed myth of the inherent 'sugariness' and 'niceness' conferred by internal genitalia and (we hope) protruding mammary glands.

And now I ask myself, for whom was the institution of marriage created, if not for women by their doting male relatives?  Indeed, the oldest profession seems often to be at least an honest one in comparison with many matrimonial contracts.

At the age of 40 a man is in his prime (if he can be bothered) and a woman well past hers.

Any presentable man with reasonable means and personality need not hitch his cart to some old nag, when the world abounds in eager fillies.  Indeed in these happy days of women's liberation, he need not hitch it at all.

It is a sad, sad thing to see decent fellows raised in the code of gentlemanly behavior being harried and hectored by the over-weight, ill-groomed, foul-mouthed harridans well past their best-before dates, whose oft well-justified self-hatred they take pleasure in venting on the nearest and dearest male who infuriatingly refuses to age at a similar rate.

Oh yes, at their best, they are the best, and at their worst, the very worst.

PS:Don't be too hard on the lawyers, they did invent pre-nuptial contracts after all! ;D

PPS: I am happily married to my first wife; a very fine woman and I expect, my last wife.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:52:36 PM by CD in BC »

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 03:07:01 AM »
I have been with Pam 30 years, and i am only 46

She is an excellant partner.  I buy any car (s) or motorbikes that I like.  Gee, nice ATV, or snow machine, and she is fine.  She has no problems with my guns... actually likes to shot them.  Boys call me up for a beer at the peelers, sure go on.

I have draged her and the kids around the country.  no complaints.  I have left her with the kids for three years while I was off serving my country.  Never a complaint

All she asks is that the bills are paid, food is provided and she and the kids have working shelter.  As much as I loved the SOM, i was in no condition to get her up and running in time to meet her needs.  It is a small price to pay for what I get in return.  I will get another SOM one day, as a back up  :D

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 04:07:30 AM »
My queen is a lot like that too?

I like raise my voice, she shouts me down and reminds me I'm not always right
I worry a lot about stuff and she tells me to relax.
I feel guilty spending money on things like Gus, she reminds me money is only good if you spend it and we have a little extra.
I deny her and my son nothing, I'm not rich but we get by.....

She cooks, cleans, drives a school bus, and takes care of me.
She's little heavier than she used to be, but thats ok I'm balding.
She can be abrasive and holds a grudge ( that means she's a wife )
She trusts me ( I'm married and dead from the neck down, realy I don't notice you ladies anymore ).

Old Russian proverb:
The man is the head of the family, but the woman is the neck.
The neck turns the head.....

Doug

Can't amagin life without my wife and my son ( mini me ). I'd probably work all kinds of overtime drink too much and die from eating too much fat....

It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken