Author Topic: Fuel Injector rebuilt  (Read 2395 times)

Stan

Fuel Injector rebuilt
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:15 PM »
I took my injector into our local "Kootenay Fuel Injection Inc."  (no connection yada yada) and the young guy looked briefly at it and told me they couldn't do anything with it it's too old.  Then the "old" guy came out and chewed him out saying he had a new nozzel for it in the back and he could rebuild it for me.  He knew it was for a lister or petter but I gave him the specs Peter had sent me and he looked it up in his own book and actually found the listing and info.  I told him about the history of the engine and he figures he actually danced as a teenager to tunes at the Ta Ta Creek community hall which was powered by Penelope.   I got a phone call today that it was redone, tested, pressure reset and equiped with a new nozzel for $106.  A little more than I wanted (actually more than I paid for the entire engine) but I guess if you don't have a good injector you don't have a good engine.  After I get the bearing and rings I can now put her back together and see how everything chugs.
Stan

listerdiesel

Re: Fuel Injector rebuilt
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:41:44 PM »
That's not too bad, new nozzles are about £20 - £25 each plus labour at whatever they charge.

We keep nozzles here if anyone gets stuck for spares, we have to buy 10 pces at a time to get a reasonable price but it's worth it to have them available. We have them for the 3/1 and 5/1 and 9/1 (JP) engines, plus a few others as well.

Peter