Puppeteer

Author Topic: `Code Of Conduct` Questions  (Read 2461 times)

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
`Code Of Conduct` Questions
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »
Tank,

Since you closed the thread you posted I`ll ask in a separate thread. 

Your Clause #6 prohibits sales announcements.  Does this apply also to help intended notices of say an ebay auction for an engine or part that the participants in the particular thread might appreciate knowing about that is not anything to do with the person posting the `discovered this sale` tip?  Personally I think losing that ability would be harmful, not helpful.

I agree if a member wants to offer goods for sale that should go in the special forum intended for such activity.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: `Code Of Conduct` Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:39:46 AM »
Tank,

Since you closed the thread you posted I`ll ask in a separate thread. 

Your Clause #6 prohibits sales announcements.  Does this apply also to help intended notices of say an ebay auction for an engine or part that the participants in the particular thread might appreciate knowing about that is not anything to do with the person posting the `discovered this sale` tip?  Personally I think losing that ability would be harmful, not helpful.

I agree if a member wants to offer goods for sale that should go in the special forum intended for such activity.

No we had a lot of talk about that a while back.

Tips you find as you indicate are fine... products to be sold go to the market. 

The intent was to keep people from posting the same message about widgets for sale in every forum.  For example I have posted SOM or lister for sale in the Market and link it if talking to someone.  We all agreed when the market place was set up that vendors, sellers, and thier ilk would post in the Market.

I hope that explains it

Andrew
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...