Puppeteer

Author Topic: Code of Conduct  (Read 17539 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Code of Conduct
« on: December 10, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »
Ok, the forum has been up and running for over a year now and for the most part, the place has run well.  It’s nice to come to a place with adults, who share a common interest and are prepared to help each other by sharing data and experience.

That being said, one flame war can really stink the place out.  I moderate another forum and there we have some Rules of Engagement (ROE’s).  This lay out the rules for civilized behavior so that the Noise to Signal ratio is kept low.  Its time we had our own so that the place does not self implode, like a number of sites have.  So here they are, they will be added to as new situations develop

1.   No Personal attacks – debate the idea, don’t attack the messenger
2.   No racial attacks – A persons race or religion has nothing to do with engines
3.   No swearing – I’m not monitoring for language, nor will I correct, I will just delete the whole post and any good information will be lost.
4.   No posting of other people’s personal information, you can use the IM instead.
5.   Typing in CAPITALS means you are yelling at us and that is not nice
6.   Posting for sales, or products anywhere will result in you being warned, and the thread moved to the Sales area.  Next time could result in a loss of privileges
7.   Having multiple personas on the forum and having a debate with yourself is not only medically sick, but is dishonest to the rest of the membership and will affect your posting privileges.

Now that I have your attention, lets keep the noise down, and talk about engines.  BTW if you have something you want added please contact MODERATOR.

Cheers

Andrew
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...