Puppeteer

Author Topic: New engine  (Read 4217 times)

Loren Johnston

• shoveldriver
    • View Profile
New engine
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:19:14 AM »
Stan, after a long wait the beast finaly arrived. I am now the proud owner of a 24/2  Anand Atule Power Line Engine. Just uncrated it about an hour ago. Pulled the sump cover. No paint and absolutly no sand. The casting inside is very smooth also.   Loren

Geno

• View Profile
Re: New engine
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »
Congrats!  Pictures please.

Geno

Stan

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 04:12:48 PM »
Sounds like great news Loren....Wow, 24 hp!  That must be a grunt to swing in cold weather!  Never mind a pic, let's see a vid clip of that beast starting up
Stan

Doug

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 02:53:57 AM »
Just to be on the safe side carefuly examine everything about the engine.

Powerline has shipped me 3 sets of valve spring retainers that were not machined properly and the keepers didn't seat well. Dropping a valve would be a real piss off!

The Powerline engine castings look real good ( above average quality ) but I have found two voids on my flywheel that were pasted over. The defect is very minor but the casting ws not cleaned well, this sends up a red flag right away if they didn't clean the casting and pick all the sand and scale out of the voids how did they know if there was a problem or not?

Atul is very attentive to his clients, if you find any issues with off set drilling in castings, voids, dirt bad machining let him know. This is good for PEC ( Powerline is the brand name for the engine builder PEC ) because they know they have a problem and can take steps to solve it.

Doug

Loren Johnston

• shoveldriver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 04:51:34 AM »
  Doug, Thanks for the info. All of the members here are very helpful and any info is very much appreciated. I have many things to check out. Still, I am very happy to have her. Lots of work ahead. Mine has the 20.27in flywheels so so there will be an interesting learning curve there.

michigandon

• Compress, ignite, 'nuff sed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 07:10:06 AM »
Did you buy the 24/2 directly from Power Anand?

Don
BUY CLEAN FUEL
KEEP IT CLEAN

Loren Johnston

• shoveldriver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
 Don, No I  bought it from oldsylelisters.com    Loren