Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister Manuals  (Read 69082 times)

phaedrus

• View Profile
Re: Lister Manuals
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »
Thank you very kindly. Phaedrus
if ya don't ask permission they can't deny it...

Hooty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »
Emerald and anyone else that may be able to help,
  I have been trying to locate maintenance schedules for some obsolete Lister engines for a friend of mine.  He is using them on his farm as standby generators and would like to follow a routine maintenance schedule to make sure they are ready to perform when needed.  They run intermittently, sometimes for a couple of days, but mostly they run for short periods during power outages.  I  don't know the serial numbers yet but he tells me that they are the following models,  HA3, HR3, SR3 and TS3.  I think he got them from a government surplus sale. 
  They are working OK but he hasn't really done any maintenance other than checking the oil every so often.  He is concerned that there may be some issues with these engines that require special attention so he wants to set up a schedule of regular maintenance.

I have been able to find the operators manual for the TS3 which has a routine maintenance section, but have had no luck with the others.  All he needs is a basic recommended maintenance schedules which would probably be located in the owners manual.  Unfortunately he is not "Computerized" and does not have connectivity to the internet.  So being the nice guy I am, I volunteered to check it out for him.  Little did I know at the time that it would be so difficult to find info on these long serving engines. 

Do you have access to these manuals and if not, do you know where they might be available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hooty

cartoony

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »
I could really do with the manual for an old engine covered in the topic: http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=1795.0
Apparently it's an old LR (or SR), but if you'd be good enough to have a look at the photos at http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5180338 you probably have more idea than me.
If you could e-mail them to me at "chairman 'at' dhcc.org.uk", I'd be extremely grateful.
Thank you.

snail

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 12:51:11 AM »
Gary,

Main journals wear limits: .008"
Rod journals wear limits: .007"

At the risk of sounding pedantic, shouldn't there be an extra "0" in those? :D

Cheers,

Brian

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »
Well,

I am guessing that this figure in the book is referring to oil clearance, not actual wear on the journal. Proper oil clearance is ultimately what determines life of the bearing besides providing clean lubrication at all times.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 03:20:15 AM »
Gary -

I looked trhough your selection of manuals.... I did not see the one for my 20/2 indian clone. I have a newer one with  TRB's from the factory. Still in all I am loking for a shop style manual. I also bought a 6/1 Metro need one for it also... You take pay pal or what.
Rob

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »
Rob,

I do not have much collected on the Indian clones but will do some checking. Our new import engines will have manuals with them but the quality remains to be seen. They are still being held-up in India for all of our QC requirements but patience is the least we can offer up to the process. On the 20/2 can you tell me who the assembler and exporter was? At the least, we might be able to get something generic about that engine. Given the lack of an actual manufacturer and the weakness of the supply chain regarding these, it may take some doing.

Best Regards,
Gary
diesel-electric.us

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 04:05:44 PM »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your help. The manufactor is Lovson. I bought some spare parts from them last month. I spoke to Joanna, he said he would include some shop manual info in my package... nothing like that ever came. I am trying to find out the correct valve clearances & true timeing. I got the engine to run but it has a host of problems. Today I could not even get it to run, I am a bit frustrated. When it was running I was running on one cyl. mostly and was blowing black unburned fuel out the exhaust pipe. I just do not know true facts to work from. My engine did not come with any timing marks on the gears. TDC on the #1 cyl and camshaft touching the intake valve tappet is as close as I can get to timeing the engine.
Your help is most appreciated.
Rob

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »
Gary -

I got an e-mail from Lovson, they indicated an new alignment procedure for seting up the timing.
I followed their instructions and still am having troubles. I would like to hear from you on this. Were you able to uncover some new information?
Rob

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 11:25:54 PM »
Rob,

No new information yet, we are still waiting on our latest shipment and I'll let you know what we learn with those materials when they arrive.

Gary
diesel-electric.us

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »
Gary -

Thanks I really appreciate it.  I found a instruction & parts manual for Ashwamegh engines 12,16,20 & 25. I found it last week Memorial day I was trying out alot of the sights again this time I got lucky and Ashwamegh had this on there site. I quickly copied it and printed it. I did not know if it was a fluke or not but at least I have some current data for this engine. Aprox. 45 pages long. some of those indian web sites are not real reliable. Some days you can get on and sometimes not. So unless you get hold of a real shop manual showing torque specs and other things like that  I guess this is all I am going to have for a while.
Rob

andrewx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 08:50:19 PM »
Hello, can anyone help me out here?  Looking for a workshop manual for an LV2 engine, need to change a head gasket (which I`ve managed to locate parts for) but would like a manual to aid with all other detail.  If someone could let me know where I can get one from this would be great.

Many Thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:38 AM »
Andrew, we have practically every publication from Lister Petter...

No problem with workshop manual on LV2. Same is true of parts, by the way.

dieselgman gsj@gci.net

lennynj

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
Looking for a parts maintenance manual for a Lister SR3 engine that is in a lifeboat.
Eng. No. is 158SR325MGR
195. HP
BS 649
please email at lweinberg@usshipcorp.com

grassie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
I am interested in a LT2 workshop manual, how do I go about this.
Regards  Grassie