Puppeteer

Author Topic: How does a CD Lister compare?  (Read 13910 times)

listerdiesel

Re: How does a CD Lister compare?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
Over the years I've build a number of parts this way. I have a fully equipped machine shop myself and have lathes, mills, CNC and manual, furnaces, moulding bench, ect. I once did the prototyping work for Outboard Marine Corp. on some of their new model engines. We did patternmaking, lost foam casting,  and machining. Several of the special service tools I designed ended up with "Snap on" branded on them when OMC sold me out on the designs I was doing for them. I never did get paid for some of them, they'd want me to prototype a tool and turn it in for evaluation, with the expectation that my company would get the manufacturing job. Some I never heard back from and later found my designs at the dealers and in the factory with other folks brands on them. Oh well, you win a few and lose a few.

Mike

Regretfully that is the way of the modern world, not nice to see IMO.

All packed, catch the big bird in the morning, will be in SFO tomorrow afternoon, PDT :-))

Peter

CD in BC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
If you ever make up the covers for the CD engine let me know as I need one. Despite the fact that one cannot use an air filter with it - the reason mine was removed no doubt.

Not sure what Lister was thinking with that design...

listerdiesel

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »
If you ever make up the covers for the CD engine let me know as I need one. Despite the fact that one cannot use an air filter with it - the reason mine was removed no doubt.

Not sure what Lister was thinking with that design...

No engines had air filters in those days, even the CS engines only had a little bit of gauze to start with.

It was farm work that started them off on filtration, that and dusty industrial applications like rock crushers and the like.

The CD and CE just a had a little snout out of the rocker cover, nothing else.

Peter